• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

Does anyone invest in stocks?

#77173 2 years, 11 months ago
I invest in stocks primarily to raise money's for tour. I've been lucky this year to have made enough money to do 30 shows including four round trips to cal from my including hotels and tickets. I thought it would be cool to share ideas and get as many as possible to as many shows as possible.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

Re: Does anyone invest in stocks?

#77174 2 years, 11 months ago
I have a little summtin summtin from my previous company that I left in place.. I dont contribute now but the dividends just go back into the pot...
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#77179 2 years, 11 months ago
I do some investing and a little trading here and there. By and large the majority of the money is in retirement accounts but I have a small trading account that I enjoy playing with from time to time.

I actually went a little short at the close yesterday , but more for a quick scalp. I enjoy reading up on the market, and I've been teaching myself technical analysis for a few years. I particularly enjoy reading about Elliott wave theory in particular.

I tend to follow more ETF's lately rather than specific stocks.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#77185 2 years, 11 months ago
I used to day trade with my Dad years ago but it got too stressful for me running my business and trading at the same time. I don't really miss it much although it was a rush to make fast money that way.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#77243 2 years, 11 months ago
i invest but more for long term i was taking out 5k a year to play with but have been reinvesting as of late.i watch Jim cramer i find him to be entertaining and educational ive read all his books.,some people dont like him and im not going to debate that.iused to use yahoo finance but now i prefer google finance you can set it up to moniter your portfolio and also has all the links and info in one spot pretty handy. I prefer a well diversified portfolio with high yield dividend payers,sprint and verinium are my spec plays.apple is my big winner so far
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77252 2 years, 11 months ago
my entire life my parents have helped me through investing in the stock market, although i have not been as active as i could be...it's put me through college, paid enormous lawyer fees, and will put a big down payment on a beautiful home or whatever else i deem necessary in the future...great to hear how well it is gone for you tom, that is truly great...and giving me ideas...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#77338 2 years, 11 months ago
so how about tossing out what ar some good long term stocks to buy?

Someone on ratdog recommended dendreon. So I bought a few. It went from like $30 to less than $10 because it was revealed they are cooking their books. So now there's a class action against them.... I get to be a part of it for my 3 shares.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#77347 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
i invest but more for long term i was taking out 5k a year to play with but have been reinvesting as of late.i watch Jim cramer i find him to be entertaining and educational ive read all his books.,some people dont like him and im not going to debate that.iused to use yahoo finance but now i prefer google finance you can set it up to moniter your portfolio and also has all the links and info in one spot pretty handy. I prefer a well diversified portfolio with high yield dividend payers,sprint and verinium are my spec plays.apple is my big winner so far

I also like Cramer. Finance needs an element of humor and he supplies it. Apple paid for my last Midwest tour and I beleive it to still have alot of upside potential. I also like HD, Cree and BOA, but timing in this environment is criticle to making money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#77370 2 years, 11 months ago
i had BOA dumped it at 15 i think itspretty much bottomed out now its like 6 bucks? i got a regional bank FMER its slowly regaining lost ground after the market turned on the bank sector it pays a small dividend so i can wait till it grows or gets takenover appl is going to 500 ifthe next quater is solid otherwise its in trouble but i made alot all ready with it.and whoever asked for stock tips "tips are for waiters" you have to do the homework/research watch mad money on cnbc for some help .
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#77428 2 years, 11 months ago
Absolutely!

Mostly tube, but I've got some argyles, and a nifty red and white-striped, calf length once worn by Dr. Seuss.

But my favorities are my selection of tie-dye knee-highs that are to die for.
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds