• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: WISHLIST FOR NYE!!!

#77485 2 years, 10 months ago
"If I had the world to give? Seriously? There's a reason they got rid of Donna."

what exacly is that Donna comment suposed to mean? ----- you do know Jerry sang that song, right?

I understand how you don't like a lot of the songs, but there are a lot of people who do like them and would like to hear them. It's all about what your preferences are..... I just thought you were off telling someone "if thats your list then your musical taste needs improvement" because really its all opinion and I'm sure theres many people (myself included) that would like any song on his list.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#77487 2 years, 10 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
If I had a dollar for everytime someone bitched about Jerry playin Day Job I would be a millionaire.

Can you imagine if they brought Day Job back in '94 or '95? I'll bet people would have loved hearing it again. The only reason people bitched is because it was played so much. Day Job was the I Fought The Law of the '80s.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#77489 2 years, 10 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
"If I had the world to give? Seriously? There's a reason they got rid of Donna."

what exacly is that Donna comment suposed to mean? ----- you do know Jerry sang that song, right?

He's got you there WITS. I'm gonna have to put you on Deadhead probation for that faux pas.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77490 2 years, 10 months ago
Fuck that shit... he is right.. the "If I had to me" is YAWN... I just listened to 8-30-78 what a trainwreck. There's a reason they shelved it. My old fried hippie brain was thinkin of Sunrise. & FYI for all... I love 95% of all GD songs.. its just that list was like a worst of to me ( not counting vince songs) ymmv...

& guess what... I'm not salavating over a Victim or the Crime either. Or a Childhoods End. Or a shoe fits.
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Walk in the Sunshine.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77492 2 years, 10 months ago
One last thought.. High Time is one of my all time faves. True story... I had to go to the lobby and get a beer when they started playin it at the Tower in March. TO "me" like Stella Blue it brings up a lot of emotion...and really makes me miss Jerry. Richmond 11-1-85 burned this into my brain.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#77511 2 years, 10 months ago
Yeah I don't get too stoked thinking about Furthur playing the real deep Jerry songs because of memories of past moments too. But I never heard him do "to lay me down" and I think it's a great moody tune so that would be great for me at least.

Songs like So Many Roads and Stella I _did_ get to hear Jerry to incredible renditions of and anything JK and Furthur does to me just rings hollow.

Really want to hear Bob bust out some of his older arrangements he hasnt done with Furthur... like Victim and Esau.. and a really good Sailor->Saint. I wished for Black Throated Wind for last year and got it on 12/30. Very stoked. My friend who wasn't really a deadhead, not so much.

I can understand why they haven't done Victim, the lead guitar part is tricky... didn't Jerry used to have trouble with it?

And Bobby said something at Tri about needing to re-work the lyrics to Esau.. any idea why?
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#77518 2 years, 10 months ago
Bob said something like he thinks the song needs new meaning today... (Esau)
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#77521 2 years, 10 months ago
I see why people don't like hearing certain Jerry songs and I never said nor do I think anything Furthur does is similar/comparable to the way Jerry did it, I just don't think songs should not be played just because they're not the same, I don't think they're trying to sound the same either.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77522 2 years, 10 months ago
How about :

Bobby McGee
Lazy Lightnin
Tore Up
* Again I want After Midnight
Mystery Train
* Mule Skinner
Can't you see ( been waitin on this foryears dammit!)
Poison Ivy
Evangeline
Dead Flowers with David Nelson
Jumpin Jack Flash

(note Booby has played all these with the exception of Can't you see)

Accepting the fact.. that I like what like..THIS is a wish list
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#77530 2 years, 10 months ago
^^that sounds pretty damn good actually
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77533 2 years, 10 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
^^that sounds pretty damn good actually

I am not a hater. As a mushroom man myself in 1981... I can assure you I am here to help. I haven't even listed the second set yet. Again to clarify if its a wish list lets wish LARGE or go home.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#77552 2 years, 10 months ago
I wasn't trying to hate either, just my 2 cents ..... if I was going to make a wish list for NYE it'd be something like... (no particular order)

Space (to open the show) > Let the Good Times Roll
And It Stoned Me
Looks Like Rain
Peggy-O
Black-Throated Wind
Blow Away
Built To Last
China>Rider
WRS
Standing On the Moon
Bobby McGee
Black Muddy River

.....theres just to many for me to make a little list like this without taking forever, keep think of more
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds