• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

Re: WISHLIST FOR NYE!!!

#77397 2 years, 10 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
I don't care what they play, just turn up the damn lead guitar in the mix!!

They gotta know when to do that for sure. Like at Shoreline night 1 when JK was absolutely shredding he'd get turned down, like in Jack Straw. Maybe if they do Bobby and Phil songs then everyone can be comfy they are getting their piece and they can turn him up.
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

#77415 2 years, 10 months ago
SILVIO - silver and gold
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77417 2 years, 10 months ago
Chuck_Woolery wrote:
Tmglf2 wrote:
My wish list is:
Desolation row
The night they drove Old Dixie down.
Lazy lightning-supplication
Hand jive
Have a cigar
White rabbit
Easy to slip
Positively 4th street
Mr Charlie
The weight
Up on cripple creek

Yeah this is an inspired set...well matched. And White Rabbit and Have A Cigar??? Are you kidding me?! f'Yeah they should!!

Plus one!
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77418 2 years, 10 months ago
One man gathers what another one spills:

Brother Esau
If I had the World to Give
Eternity
Black Muddy River
Row Jimmy
Built to Last
Corrina
To Lay Me Down
High Time

This would pretty much be a nightmare set for me. I love High Time & TLMD but without Jerry ..um I'm not "seeking" em the rest ..............
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Sharicee
Junior Boarder
Love you all!

#77438 2 years, 10 months ago
I would love to see

Ruben and Cerise
Viola Lee Blues>Caution>Viola>Two Souls in Communion>Viola Lee Blues
Dear Mr. Fantasy>Hey Jude!
Attics with only Jeff on the organ
My Brother Esau

I am sure I will enjoy whatever they do but I really want to see Ruben and Cerise, because it's my name song and I always seem to miss seeing Furthur do it

I agree let's bust out some JGB!!!
Too pat to open and too cool to bluff...
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

#77445 2 years, 10 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:

Brother Esau
Eternity
Black Muddy River
Row Jimmy
Built to Last
Corrina
To Lay Me Down
High Time

This would pretty much be a nightmare set for me. I love High Time & TLMD but without Jerry ..um I'm not "seeking" em the rest ..............

Read the thread title.. it's a wish list not that they play all in the same set. You lost all credibility when you rambled on about Have A Cigar and Hand Jive??? LOL you should be seeing someone else on NYE.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#77457 2 years, 10 months ago
"Goodbye yer honor" with special guest Dave Torbert
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#77469 2 years, 10 months ago
I know Terrapin will be there soon!
I think maybe the whole thing.
A sugar at midnight
Encore not fade away
with Mickey Hart guesting
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77470 2 years, 10 months ago
gdrew817 wrote:

Brother Esau
Eternity
Black Muddy River
Row Jimmy
Built to Last
Corrina
To Lay Me Down
High Time

Read the thread title.. it's a wish list not that they play all in the same set. You lost all credibility when you rambled on about Have A Cigar and Hand Jive??? LOL you should be seeing someone else on NYE.

Um kid settle down. If thats your "wish" list your musical taste needs improvement. Where did I ramble I copied & pasted. As far as Hand Jive it kicked ass at the Spectrum in 86.. probably before you were born. l
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#77471 2 years, 10 months ago
When Mickey plays with Furthur it would be hilarious to come on with Johnny B Goode (like his return in the GD movie)!!
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#77480 2 years, 10 months ago
gdrew817 wrote:

Brother Esau
Eternity
Black Muddy River
Row Jimmy
Built to Last
Corrina
To Lay Me Down
High Time

Um kid settle down. If thats your "wish" list your musical taste needs improvement. Where did I ramble I copied & pasted. As far as Hand Jive it kicked ass at the Spectrum in 86.. probably before you were born. l

I'd be happy with any/all of the songs on his list, that whole 'without Jerry.....' thing is getting pretty old

not trying to be offensive at all here, im not gunna be at new years but I think it's kinda sad some people can't enjoy certain songs because 'they were Jerry's' or 'there not done the same way Jerry used to do them'. I think Jerry would be glad his music lives on, no matter how the tunes are played. If I had the World to Give and Black Muddy River would be sweet, those 2 have been on my wish list for a while.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77483 2 years, 10 months ago
Brother Esau
Eternity
Black Muddy River
Row Jimmy
Built to Last
Corrina
To Lay Me Down
High Time

Ok I gotta clarify. Just like there will never be a Purple Haze that can touch what Hendrix did... there will never be a High Time without Jerry that comes anywhere close. You can enjoy a version sure.. but am I wishing to hear it NO! Brother Esau I saw about 20 times in the mid 80's and is a good not Great tune am I salivating over hearing it again? Not. Eternity? I was at the breakout.. one of the better of Bobs latter day tunes but nothing spectacular. If I had the world to give? Seriously? There's a reason they got rid of Donna. Built to last? I was at the debut too.. zzzzzzzzzzzz.... especially without Jerry. Corrina.... come on. Black Muddy river... sent the peeps to the exits back in the day... Row Jimmy? one of the better ones on the list but without Jerry doesn't do much for me.. even with Jerry wasn't a fave.... Sorry to burst your bubble kids ..we were critical f... back in the day too.. If I had a dollar for everytime someone bitched about Jerry playin Day Job I would be a millionaire.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds