Re: World Series

#77137 2 years, 5 months ago

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#77141 2 years, 5 months ago
Baseball is the big thing here. Nothing else comes close. Football and Hockey are a distant second and third. Its very engrained in the culture.

When something like this happens, everyone knows about it. People come in from all over because we have fans in Missouri, southern Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Arkansas, Tennessee, etc. The fan base is big because we're centrally located, and a lot of people have no team close by. Its definitely a bfd around here.

I'm wearing my gear to work tomorrow, to heck with it, everybody else is.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#77186 2 years, 5 months ago
Yea what a game is right. This is what I love about baseball. Back and forth the whole night. And a major comback at the end of the 9th. It was crazy insane....Both teams had so much fire in them. Both wanting the win so badly!

I passed out in the middle of the 8th...thought the Rangers had it, but woke up and was WRONG! Can't wait to see what both teams have in store for us tonight. NRPS are in town tonight and I may have to miss the ending of the game to make the show...Hope i dont miss out on too much!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77194 2 years, 5 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
I used to be a crazy baseball fan, but once MLB sabotaged and raped my Expos, I haven't been following much.

great to know i wasn't the only expos fan!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#77213 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
jaredlang wrote:
I used to be a crazy baseball fan, but once MLB sabotaged and raped my Expos, I haven't been following much.

hey who could forget Andre Dawson? Gary Carter? Tim Raines?! Raines said he developed his face first slide cause he didn't want to bust the coke vial in his back pocket. God love these guys, it's so Americana with a twist of Canadian bacon.
Deviant69
Junior Boarder

#77223 2 years, 5 months ago
wlewis wrote:
jaredlang wrote:

EXPOS WERE FUCKING AWESOME! Except for the French part. As a Canadian, I must say those Quebecois are some douchey type of peoples.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77254 2 years, 5 months ago
Deviant69 wrote:
wlewis wrote:
jaredlang wrote:

EXPOS WERE FUCKING AWESOME! Except for the French part. As a Canadian, I must say those Quebecois are some douchey type of peoples.

they think your a douche too, don't worry...i thought it was interesting they played half their home games in puerto rico at some point, or was that always how it was? canada still has the toronto blow j's
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77264 2 years, 5 months ago
I'm a die hard Pirates fan. I've been dead since 1992. As far as the expos I went to a game at Park Jerry in the early 70's got my program signed by Rusty Staub amongst others. I'm so friggin old I remember when the Rangers were the Washington Senators. I also saw the Pirates play at Forbes Field..the precursor to 3 Rivers stadium... the one that was torn down 10 years ago........... "looks like the old man ..is gettin old"
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#77311 2 years, 5 months ago
You're not the only one, pal. My first Phillies games were at Connie Mack Stadium AKA Shibe Park.

As for right now, I wish we were talking about the Phils, but I've gotta admit this is a great Series.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#77372 2 years, 5 months ago
David Freese is from here in StL area.

He's having a big series.

His family and friends are freaking out.

Cant help but be happy for he guy.
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds