• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
RandyHoe
Fresh Boarder

World Series

#76989 2 years, 9 months ago
www.levity.com/gans/baseball.html

I do not dismiss the possibility that the reason I am single is because I am a diehard fan of both the Grateful Dead and Baseball. Having been born in Arlington, the Texas Rangers have always been my favorite team. Which means, that for most of my life, my team has been awful. But now they're back in the World Series with their second straight pennant win, and I couldn't possibly be more excited for tonight's game. So I guess my question is, are there any other diehard baseball fans in the forum?
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: World Series

#76994 2 years, 9 months ago
Hi Randy, and welcome!! And yep, the threads have gotten buried a bit, but there are a number of baseball fans around, though I believe that you are the first to admit being a Rangers fan. I am a Tiger fan, but will try to be polite anyway, , and there are also several disappointed Brewer fans and some very happy but nervous Cardinal fans around, that you may or may not hear from depending on what happens tonight.

But whatever happens tonight, it is after all only baseball. Football is what really matters!!
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#76995 2 years, 9 months ago
There's a few.

Good luck tonight, its going to be a thriller.

The word around here is that we still can win. Nobody's given up yet.

I would be happy with a game 7, even if we don't end up winning. The action and excitement of that last game is the best in baseball.

A little pic to add some color, and remind us that anything can happen.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#76997 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey RandyHoe! I'm not a diehard baseball fan but do enjoy baseball. I'm from St. Louis but no Cardinals fan here. Mark McGwire kinda ruined that for me. I still cant seem to get him outta this city. Hahahaha. I have been enjoying watching the series tho. I'm not rooting for any particular team but I just enjoy the excitement. I hope you get what you want but a game 7 would be real nice for some real good baseball action!

O but I am a diehard Dead fan!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#76999 2 years, 9 months ago
I used to be a crazy baseball fan, but once MLB sabotaged and raped my Expos, I haven't been following much.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
RandyHoe
Fresh Boarder

#77008 2 years, 9 months ago
Thank you, I do feel welcome. After a couple weeks of reading the forum at slow times at work, I decided to finally jump in on the action. I understands everyone's wish to see a game 7, but selfishly, I want it over tonight. I just don't think my heart could take it. But either way it has been a crazy, exciting series. Close games and a blowout. Lights out pitching and defense and record setting offense. The East Coast biased media can whine all they want about it not being a 'sexy' matchup, this series has been the best in my memory since the Yankees lost in 2003.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, SunshineSue
Blue42
Junior Boarder

#77032 2 years, 9 months ago
I actually got to see the Rangers play twice when I was in Grand Prairie this summer. You have a great ballpark and excellent team. Good luck tonight! And yes I am a Deadhead whose life revolves around Baseball. Great game, and music
Roll Away The Dew
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#77042 2 years, 9 months ago
Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Ossumpei
Platinum Boarder

#77133 2 years, 9 months ago
Holy shit what a game!!
Let us all look kindly on our neighbor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: St.Stephenhead, BigBabyViper
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#77136 2 years, 9 months ago
Ossumpei wrote:
Holy shit what a game!!

Exactly! Wow!!! It seems only right after a Series, heck a Playoffs, like this that it goes to a game 7!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ossumpei
Time to create page: 1.05 seconds