• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

Re: Hoping to catch Furthur with a musical guest....

#77036 2 years, 12 months ago
Outside of Branford or Trey, I have no real desire to have outside guests join Furthur....Sometimes it can take away the flow of a show imho
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#77041 2 years, 12 months ago
I've always enjoyed Trey when he played with Phil. He's local to the Albany area so I wouldn't mint a sit in for one or two songs.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77109 2 years, 12 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
I've always enjoyed Trey when he played with Phil. He's local to the Albany area so I wouldn't mint a sit in for one or two songs.

were you at glens falls 2007? that was a fuckin' riot...trey asked his probation officer for permission to play with phil...during bertha he sang "throw me in the jailhouse" the place went ballastic...one of my favorite phil lesh shows, and i'm not even a big trey fan but he laid it down that night
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#77160 2 years, 11 months ago
I was. That show helped drive my addiction to do as many shows as possible. I went from trying to see anything within an hour to trying to see anything on planet earth.
rockinbob
Platinum Boarder

#77167 2 years, 11 months ago
I was at the Sunday Elvis Costello Diana Krall sit in show and it was really cool. I do however have to agree with wlewis below, it slows the flow somewhat but also brings a different dynamic... I was lucky enough to see Clarence Clemmons with Furthur in FL. and I am proud to say I saw his last live performance so either way you know there are more guests coming in down the line.
Aint No Time To Hate, Barely Time To Wait.........
LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#77171 2 years, 11 months ago
Branford back @ MSG would be hot!!!!
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#77216 2 years, 11 months ago
LBDowling wrote:
Branford back @ MSG would be hot!!!!

that's my choice too! lets hope it happens
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77263 2 years, 11 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
I was. That show helped drive my addiction to do as many shows as possible. I went from trying to see anything within an hour to trying to see anything on planet earth.

that was a time when i was intermittently touring the northeast and still enrolled in college, i would go back once a week or so to hand in papers, take a test, midterm or exam...i'd study in the car, i'd type papers on the laptop, hell we had some killer discussions about the roots of american democracy, environmental chemistry, the education system, you name it....all the while hitting phil lesh or bob weir shows

it was also a time where i wasn't sure if the music would ever go beyond those bands again...so a big driving force in hitting as many as we could was "well, this could be the last time"....look at the evolution, where we are now, it's incredible...and more music to come

great to hear this show was as monumental for you as it was for so many others...even the folks on the zone agree with that one ....the 4 year anniversary was about 8 days ago
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77265 2 years, 11 months ago
rockinbob wrote:
I was at the Sunday Elvis Costello Diana Krall sit in show and it was really cool. I do however have to agree with wlewis below, it slows the flow somewhat but also brings a different dynamic... I was lucky enough to see Clarence Clemmons with Furthur in FL. and I am proud to say I saw his last live performance so either way you know there are more guests coming in down the line.

i did not know that was big c's final performance...i was proud to say i had seen him live, proud to say i say him play with furthur, and now i am also proud to have caught his final live performance...as awesome as it was, he was not his usual self on the sax, and you could tell...al schnier from moe was out then too i think
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#77274 2 years, 11 months ago
that was a time when i was intermittently touring the northeast and still enrolled in college, i would go back once a week or so to hand in papers, take a test, midterm or exam...i'd study in the car, i'd type papers on the laptop,

Spoiled ass kids today When I was in that phase of my life I had to use a MF typewriter!!!! Do you have any idea what a pain in the ass it was to correct a typo? & prei-internet our typing skills REALLY sucked. I also found it very difficult to pass an exam when I was in Alpine Valley... & the exam was taking place 1000 miles away ( I made it through FYI by the skin of my teeth). Oh yeah.. & we somehow survived WITHOUT cell phones.. Signed Grumpy old man
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds