• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Hoping to catch Furthur with a musical guest....

#76896 2 years, 11 months ago
It just seems to add to the magic. They played the Lovelight w/the late Clarence Clemons last night on Sirius/ XM - channel 29 (not the gd channel (23) but "Jam On")

FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Hoping to catch Furthur with a musical guest....

#76898 2 years, 11 months ago
I agree, it definately adds to the energy and excitement of the shows. I was at the RCMH shows and it was awesome!!!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#76907 2 years, 11 months ago
as great of a novelty as it is, i feel that sometimes furthur is held back because of it, seen them guest many, and i have always enjoyed it in the moment, but i personally don't look for guests unless the rhythm devils want to step in and regulate

edit: theresa williams can sit in any night, she adds something to the music vocally so they can hit some other material they otherwise leave alone
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by wlewis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rockinbob
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#76911 2 years, 11 months ago
It would be awesome to get some horns in there!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#76915 2 years, 11 months ago
I concur with W Lewis. Larry Campbell is a natural fit.. some others eh............ most of the ones I would want to see are no longer breathing. Clapton joining in for an After Midnight on NYE would be pretty good. Mick or Keith would certainly be welcome. Steven Tyler ( i fell down in the shower LOL if you believe that story you wanna buy the Brooklyn bridge) would be interesting if nothin else. Totally down with the Rythm Devils!!!!! Ray Davies would be cool. Jimmy page... ok we're dreamin... oh shit the BEST guest they could get IMHO is Steve Kimock. Now that would rock!!!

For the sake of "fan interaction" I am offering my services in my tie dye hot pants NYE to come out & croon Cumberland Blues..yeeh haw..now that would rock!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#76917 2 years, 11 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
I concur with W Lewis. Larry Campbell is a natural fit.. some others eh............ most of the ones I would want to see are no longer breathing. Clapton joining in for an After Midnight on NYE would be pretty good. Mick or Keith would certainly be welcome. Steven Tyler ( i fell down in the shower LOL if you believe that story you wanna buy the Brooklyn bridge) would be interesting if nothin else. Totally down with the Rythm Devils!!!!! Ray Davies would be cool. Jimmy page... ok we're dreamin... oh shit the BEST guest they could get IMHO is Steve Kimock. Now that would rock!!!

For the sake of "fan interaction" I am offering my services in my tie dye hot pants NYE to come out & croon Cumberland Blues..yeeh haw..now that would rock!!!

If you are freewheeling on stage, them spotlights may make your lovelight shine. Not that there is anything wrong with that, just sayin...
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#76932 2 years, 11 months ago
funky420 wrote:
It would be awesome to get some horns in there!

I want to be at the Furthur show with horns!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#76937 2 years, 11 months ago
I was pretty stoked to catch the Chris Robinson add-on at Red Rocks. That was a nice treat.
All You Need
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded, mcolleen
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#76962 2 years, 11 months ago

that was my first furthur show 3/13 at best buy and i thought it was awesome to have warren come out especially only for the 2nd set cause a lot of the songs that set were a good fit and i was surprised he didn't sound too loud in the mix but i also caught him at all good with furthur and that was less exciting the viola was cool and jammed out but it was pretty much a given that he was gonna come out since he played a set or two before furthur...the guest appearance is cool every once in awhile i think i liked it so much at best buy in march because of the blue sky i was so surprised to hear that and i know the allmans don't really play it anymore cause its a dicky betts song but i really enjoyed that set especially blue sky probably one of my highlights from any show i've ever seen
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#77007 2 years, 11 months ago
Irrenarzt wrote:
I was pretty stoked to catch the Chris Robinson add-on at Red Rocks. That was a nice treat.

Same. his guitar and mic were loud in the mix too.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds