• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

Re: GDTSTOO & Front Gate Tickets SUCK!

#76856 2 years, 10 months ago
I have personally had nothing but positive experiences using Frontgate. I am very pleased with the tickets that I ordered (but haven't gotten yet) for Syracuse and Albany.
My only complaint is that it takes considerably longer to get the tix up here in Canada. The closer we get to the show, the more anxious I become that I haven't gotten my tickets yet.
Unfortunately Frontgate doesnt really discourage tickets being bought by resellers, but is there really a perfect system that would insure that only fans have pre-sale access?

If someone received multiple envelopes, and got charged multiple times for shipping costs, my guess is that when ordering the tickets, you competed the billing info for each time that you got charged. Had you ordered all your tickets, and then proceeded to checkout, I think you would have only been charged once.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#77014 2 years, 10 months ago
GreatestStoryEverTold wrote:
doin_that_rag wrote:
benefits of a free market economy if you don't like them you can use TM instead, but seriously i would raise hell with front gate if they charged you 12 bucks per envelope

Frontgate seems reasonable way better then ticketmaster and heck you even get to speak to a competent person on the phone. Evey person I've talked to over there seemed really chill, heck they might even be people going to shows too.

both have their pros and cons i prefer frontgate slightly and not just for the lower fees but because you can put all your tickets in your cart and buy them at once, on the flip side i wish you could just search for best available instead of trying each individual section and working your way down the list
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
paulr
Junior Boarder

#77020 2 years, 10 months ago
Neither GDTS or Frontgate has ever left me walking around with my finger in the air.....
I like how Frontgate lets you move from show to show and continue shopping. Much nicer than Ticketbasard.
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#77024 2 years, 10 months ago
I have never had any issues with either gdtstoo or frontgate. I only wish frontgate had more tickets for presales. Sometimes they go too quick and im forced to get from ticketmaster.
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#77025 2 years, 10 months ago
i hate ticketbastard, but i have never mail ordered tix ever.
i rarelly go to shows, with tix in hand, though i do have money in hand to buy them, if not sold out, and if sold out, i havent ever had a hard time finding an xtra for face in the lot. i know some poeple dont like rollin the dice, but there have been times where i had no choice, cuase i dont have a credit card, and basically mail order is too hard for me cause i travel alot and dont know where ill be at any given time.
that being said, and knockin on wood, i doubt that anyone with face value in cash, couldnt score a ticket for ANY furthur show, xcept maybe NYE, which still aint hopeless, being as how they are a bill a peice, they might not be sold out the night of, cuase while smaller bay area bands dont do 29th and 30th gigs, ALOT do NYE gigs, and shit, after 2 nights of furthur, seeing primus on NYE for like half the price dont sound half bad. (im sure there will be other NYE shit goin down in the city, if your in to techno that sea of dreams shit is off the hook my young friends say)
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#77026 2 years, 10 months ago
I personally think the world of GDTSTOO, they have treated me with nothing but kindness for so many years. And when I mean kindness I mean front row center when they would sell out 50,000 seat stadiums on more than one occasion. I used to mail order for every show (hundreds), including 8 night runs at MSG, and only once did I not get a ticket.

To me, GDTSTOO = very good vibes

Now, all I need is my Albany ticket from them. What, me worry??
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDowling
Carl
Junior Boarder

#77060 2 years, 10 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
xcept maybe NYE, which still aint hopeless, being as how they are a bill a peice, they might not be sold out the night of, cuase while smaller bay area bands dont do 29th and 30th gigs, ALOT do NYE gigs, and shit, after 2 nights of furthur, seeing primus on NYE for like half the price dont sound half bad. (im sure there will be other NYE shit goin down in the city, if your in to techno that sea of dreams shit is off the hook my young friends say)

Primus will be in Honolulu on Dec 30th
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#77062 2 years, 10 months ago
really? no NYE date? huh.
wonder if they goin be at the filmore?
i thought i heard that.
if no, then there is a much bigger chance ill be at furthur, cause i hate techno.
Carl
Junior Boarder

#77063 2 years, 10 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
really? no NYE date? huh.
wonder if they goin be at the filmore?
i thought i heard that.
if no, then there is a much bigger chance ill be at furthur, cause i hate techno.

they don't have a NYE date listed on thier site.. since its still open I would assume they will play. I just checked the fox theater web site out of curiosity and they do not have a show booked for NYE. I would be shocked if Primus doesnt play.
howdy neighbor
Fresh Boarder

#77099 2 years, 10 months ago
I went through GDTS TOO for the first time and they hooked me up with front row center at Chicago. Needless to say I'll never be using any other method to get tickets again
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds