• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: someone in Mass should go say hello to this cr

#76359 3 years ago
If I was that girls dad I would've grabbed that dudes crotch so hard he would've been impotent the rest off his life
volare
Senior Boarder

#76369 3 years ago
my point is, is that is was not our daughter and didn't happen in front of us....so we don't really know what happened and therefore should be cautious in our judgements of others....

I, for example, had the unfortunate luck of turning around quickly, not knowing a female co-worker was behind me, and jamming my hand right into her breast....she, of course, knew it was an accident, but what if her father (or husband or brother) had been standing a few feet away....i could understand how he might interpret what he saw differently...

I am not saying that this guy is innocent or guilty, just suggesting that we be wary of letting the tabloid media manipulate an emotional response from us to the point that we are willing to throw out one of the basic tenets of being American.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Muddy Das
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#76378 3 years ago
well evaluated. I agree.
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#76390 3 years ago
Fair enough Volare...

I tend to believe this story. Its a news station reporting, not really a tabloid.
when confronted, the guy did NOT proclaim his innocence.
Silence to me means he does not want to incriminate himself and there was a witness.
She was also 15.. not sure of AOC in Mass but seems he should have been held in my opinion.
Your assesment is fair though.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#76426 3 years ago
My blood boils every time my school age daughter comes home with another announcement that a level 3 sex offender moves into our neighborhood. I like that they announce it, but the notices always say they are not permitted to give out names or addresses. We get these about 2 or 3 times a year. But I agree, as much as I don't want them in the neighborhood, they supposedly paid their price to society and all I can do is educate my daughter (kick em in the pee pees and run / scream IF there is a problem - don't talk to strangers) and do my best to make sure she's supervised as best we can.

I have looked online and they list the pictures of the level one offenders (heavy duty stuff) but they still hide the exact address for their own safety. It may be unkind, but I'd love to see most of them shipped to a leper colony.

I will say there was a boy near us who was recently arrested for rape. Apparently the sex was consensual, but because he was 18 and she was 17 (I forget the exact age) her parents pressed charges and had him arrested. I don't believe there was jail-time but I am sure this kid has a record. In his case I feel sorry for the boy. He seems like a nice kid and it was his girlfriend. So I do see there can be two sides of this.

As for this guy, it's it sounds like he's a pervert. He did not deny touching her which is enough for me to say keep him away from kids. If I was the girls parents at a minimum I would print hundreds of fliers telling people to beware, even if they were handed out / posted anonymously. I don't buy you fall and your hand happens to grab the girls crotch. But you hit him and all of a sudden you are going to jail. If you ever have a chance to watch the movie Felon, it's really good and about a guy who got flucked up for defending his family. It is an amazingly good movie. A must see IMO.

Lots of sicko's out there. Teach your children well.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#76457 3 years ago
i agree with the innocent until proven guilty concept, but i think until its decided in court the guy should at least be suspended from working at the carnival
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#76462 3 years ago
Alll I'm gonna say is "every night I stumble and fall" well not every night... and I have never found myself grabbing a 15 yr olds crotch to keep my balance. This one looks pretty black and white to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
happyhead
Fresh Boarder

#76463 3 years ago
Go ahead and try to tell me Bobby Weir didn't get to know a legion of 15 year old sugar magnolias in the 70s. Why don't you give Jimmy Page a visit too. Just trying to point out stome possible hypocracy here. Some dude on your block ends up on the list and he's open game. But what about Mick and Keith? Lemmy? Bowie? They all get a pass?
Last Edit: 3 years ago by happyhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
volare
Senior Boarder

#76468 3 years ago
I agree with you WITS....it is certainly sounds improbable enough that it should be investigated.....but frankly, i also have difficult wrapping my head around the physics of groping someone in the crotch so hard that they would fall down....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by volare. Reason: clarification
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#76680 3 years ago
Biggest question in my mind is whether the reporting of the story correct. There are OFTEN two sides of a story and the truth is OFTEN somewhere in between. While I don't think this is the case here there are people who file false claims for monetary gains, revenge or many other reasons. I'm certain the guy did something, and if he did squeeze her crotch and say "oops accident" I just can't believe it was accidental. If he brushed her, I can see that happening. I can also see the guy brushing the girl, possibly even accidentally and the father going ape dip.

This is one reason I dislike our justice system. Some bad guys do literally get away with murder and sometimes innocent people are imprisoned. Unfortunately, I don't see any changes nor can I offer much of a solution. I suppose a jury of your peers is better than dealing with a dictator like the late Sadaam Hussein.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds