• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
james wright
Junior Boarder

Grateful for Furthur

#76136 2 years, 9 months ago
I have been seeing shows since the GD with Dylan at RFK. I continued seeing shows thru 3/06 Ratdog spring tour then I didn't see anymore shows. Things went down hill for me pretty bad. In 2009 I even became homeless! I moved from the east coast where I was born and lived my whole life to Arizona in 2010. I found a job and a place to live. I met a friend who was from Vermont and we found out that we were both old tour heads who missed the
Magic sorely in our lives. We would sit at our favorite outdoor pub and swap show/tour stories. I had heard about furthur and wondered if I would ever see another family show again. One day last spring Craig informed me that Furthur was going to play 2 nights at Shoreline. A venue neither of us had ever made it to in our touring days (the bulk of our shows had all been east coast) I then resolved and I informed Craig that no matter what we were going to those shows and somehow it was going to all fall into place because we both wanted and needed these shows. We had years of stuff to put into the machine to be laundered if you will and the time was right and these were the shows for us. We pulled it off and boy howdy did we pull it off! It was truly a home coming on every level. Upon returning to AZ we learned that Furthur would open fall tour with 3 nights in magical Eugene Oregon and so at the same pub I told Craig that we were going to do it again and go Furthurmore! At first we were both stoked but Craig began to waiver so I went alone and it was simply Beyond the pale! Beyond description to be sure. Both shoreline and cuthbert made feel like a lost wayward weary son returning to the warm refuge of home. Thank you Furthur!
"You can't quit the mob"-Ken Kesey
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by james wright.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, calliopewail, deadontherivet, bluetrainsugaree
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: Grateful for Furthur

#76156 2 years, 9 months ago
james wright wrote:
I have been seeing shows since the GD with Dylan at RFK. I continued seeing shows thru 3/06 Ratdog spring tour then I didn't see anymore shows. Things went down hill for me pretty bad. In 2009 I even became homeless! I moved from the east coast where I was born and lived my whole life to Arizona in 2010. I found a job and a place to live. I met a friend who was from Vermont and we found out that we were both old tour heads who missed the
Magic sorely in our lives. We would sit at our favorite outdoor pub and swap show/tour stories. I had heard about furthur and wondered if I would ever see another family show again. One day last spring Craig informed me that Furthur was going to play 2 nights at Shoreline. A venue neither of us had ever made it to in our touring days (the bulk of our shows had all been east coast) I then resolved and I informed Craig that no matter what we were going to those shows and somehow it was going to all fall into place because we both wanted and needed these shows. We had years of stuff to put into the machine to be laundered if you will and the time was right and these were the shows for us. We pulled it off and boy howdy did we pull it off! It was truly a home coming on every level. Upon returning to AZ we learned that Furthur would open fall tour with 3 nights in magical Eugene Oregon and so at the same pub I told Craig that we were going to do it again and go Furthurmore! At first we were both stoked but Craig began to waiver so I went alone and it was simply Beyond the pale! Beyond description to be sure. Both shoreline and cuthbert made feel like a lost wayward weary son returning to the warm refuge of home. Thank you Furthur!

thanks for sharing that story, it is awesome to hear how the music has affected different peoples lives, and even better to hear it is STILL affecting lives, even for those 'seasoned veterans' who weren't sure if they'd ever get to take that ride one last time
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#76163 2 years, 9 months ago
glad you found your way back and to here.at least were enjoying the ride.........
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#76183 2 years, 9 months ago
Welcome home!
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds