• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Paige is a Hero!

#258163 1 year, 2 months ago
Paige, that's twice this year you've been in the right place at the right time in order to help literally save a life!! Someone is clearly guiding your path with a purpose in mind. It's an understatement to say that little girl was blessed to have you there!

You are an amazing woman. While you know I'm sending you sympathy on the loss of your grandfather, even more I'm wishing you good luck and success with the new business!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, scar1et_f1re, Paige MoonDancer
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

Re: DNB Valentine Benefit and Tour

#258164 1 year, 2 months ago
Oh my

Can we no longer post pictures here?

They won't attach.
Chester
More or less in line

#258167 1 year, 2 months ago
Thank you for sharing that story. You are amazing. And heroic! (((((((Paige)))))))

I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paige MoonDancer
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

#258168 1 year, 2 months ago
Oh my

They won't attach.
Attachments:
Chester
More or less in line

#258169 1 year, 2 months ago
Paige MoonDancer wrote:
Oh my

They won't attach.

Unfortunately, no. That function was lost when the board went down. And has not been restored. Support knows about it.
Chester
More or less in line

#258170 1 year, 2 months ago
Pictures can be posted the old fashioned way.

[ img ] [ / img ] Repeat that, but without spaces. Then paste the image link between the two box's, and submit.

But that doesn't work for pictures from your HD.
Chester
More or less in line

#258171 1 year, 2 months ago
I can't post pictures from my photobucket account now.

I guess we can't post our own pictures. Sorry. I'll keep on support about that.
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

Re: Paige is a Hero!

#258172 1 year, 2 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Paige, that's twice this year you've been in the right place at the right time in order to help literally save a life!! Someone is clearly guiding your path with a purpose in mind. It's an understatement to say that little girl was blessed to have you there!

You are an amazing woman. While you know I'm sending you sympathy on the loss of your grandfather, even more I'm wishing you good luck and success with the new business!!

Sue,
You are such a great friend and I feel close to you. Its hard to believe that we still havent met in person. Hugs to you:)

I feel there is a reason for all this too.

I was tempted to return to SC for my grandfather's funeral, but I didnt want to go back there again. It seemed pointless and potentially harmful to me. My sister offered to buy a ticket for me.
I am glad I stayed here.
David Nelson sent us DNB designs and NRPS designs to embroider. We are so honored.

The Bus has a new tranmission in it and soon to follow will by the new motor.

Getting it together.

Inspite of many social invites to TC and other music events, we have been buckling down here in order to get progress done for the long haul.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Paige MoonDancer. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#258174 1 year, 2 months ago
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Paige MoonDancer
Senior Boarder

#258179 1 year, 2 months ago
Denver Man wrote:
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Thanks for sharing your inspiring story.

Thank You Denver Man:)))

Papa was kind and he and Gammie were the lights in my young life

Here is a little about him, written the morning after his death by my only brother Blake (11 years my junior)

Yesterday, Jesse Paul Long passed from this world. He was a man of great generosity, love, faith and dedication. He placed his loyalty to God, family and country.  Born in 1920, he became an orphan at the start of the Great Depression. On this subject he was never bitter but always expressed his appreciation and love to his cousins and kin who raised him. Thanks to the generosity of the Woodman of the World, who in a time of distress honored his father's lapsed life insurance, Jesse was able to go to college.  There he learned to fly and when the War started he volunteered for the Army Air Corps. As a B-25 bomber pilot he would go on to fly over 62 missions. He never lost a crewman. It should be mentioned he had the fortune to be sent on no city bombing raids. His targets were military in nature. He contributed to the war in Italy, smashing gun emplacements North of Anzio following the invastion and successfully destroying dozens of Nazi targets. From Italy he was sent to India to fight the Japanese. Unlike the Germans, the Japanese often killed and tortured downed flyers. Like many of his generation, he refused to leave his work half done. On the 62nd mission of his service, the last he had to fly, he went against the most heavily fortified city in Burma, Mandalay Habor. He was the lead plane in the formation. On the first run flak buffetted the planes as the 155mm artillery attempted to range them. At the end of the run, his bombardier reported he did not have the target. The military docks below needed to be hit to deprive the Japanese of ammunition on the frontline. With the sky around him filled with black smoke and flak, he ordered the doors up and a second run on target. This time the docks were hit and exploded in fire. Dedication. As a husband, father and grandfather he excelled. He loved his family and showed it through patience, forgiveness and kindness. He loved his community and his Church, he consistently gave to First Baptist of Columbia throught his time in the city. He spent two decades as a volunteer with Cooperative Ministries, helping those less fortunate. He loved to tease, laugh and teach. He taught his son and his grandson how to work on cars, pumps, engines and all manner of machines. He sent his children to college. In his last years he never missed a chance to express his love for his family.  His life was full and complete and we who loved him will miss him dearly.
Last Edit: 1 year, 2 months ago by Paige MoonDancer. Reason: spelling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, kevin, scar1et_f1re, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 8.98 seconds