• Topics not covered in other forums.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

Re: Wow Dire Wolf - Meltdown in progress

#75965 2 years, 12 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
MWoods wrote:
wlewis wrote:

"remember folks, you must see both sides of everything, no matter how bad you may not want to...understanding."

"for the record i still think we should all be more conscious and aware of the board and the way it is setup,"

"now, the one thing he did wrong was litter it was actual general discussion topics..."

"i honestly only got involved to try to diffuse the situation"

C'mon dude, you are not defusing the situation... you're riding your high horse into town and throwing another log on the fire by playing devil's advocate for an arrogant attack on the people here. Dire Wolf basically said that the topics posted by people here didn't pass intellectual muster with him and he was obnoxious enough to post a series asinine threads meant to illustrate how annoying and uninteresting the threads started by other users of this board are to him. Well if he doesn't like what people here have to say then he should either stay away or come up with some interesting topics instead. Obviously he doesn't have anything more to offer than the people he was criticizing. Please stop lecturing people more than twice your age about how we should think and how our awareness and consciousness is lacking in some way. Diffuse the situation my ass.

I wholeheartedly can tell you this was the farthest thing from my intentions I'm sorry. Age is just as bad as anything else you could use to hate a person. I really never intended to offend anybody to the degree you describe above I'm sorry if I did.my point of making those posts was not to illustrate how pointless I think peoples opinion are it was to illustrate the point that postscould possibly be put in their respective boards in order to better suit those who frequently use them. I never intended for you to make me into some kind of monster based on this request and then a.little bit of.harmless fun after. If I had know people would have been so offended and insensitive making such horrendous and drastic assumptions on my character I. would have found some other way to quench my boredom. Sorry to waste your time but in the vain of politeness mwoods post I believe is drastically more offensive than my request and subsequent messing around so thanks for that friend. Take about miscommunication

If I took it the wrong way then good, I'm glad you don't think so little of the people here. As we all know internet forums are notorious for creating miscommunications. We sometimes tend to read into things in the way we expect other people to have written them and sometimes we are way off. This may well have been the case with your "melt down" (not my term) today. No harm no foul.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#75966 2 years, 12 months ago
Now maybe we can all get back to talking about what an awesome band Furthur is.....................

SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75969 2 years, 12 months ago
MWoods wrote:
Now maybe we can all get back to talking about what an awesome band Furthur is.....................

Meh. Furthur is OK, I guess. Sure wish Ratdog would tour instead, though.

MWoods
Junior Boarder

#75973 2 years, 12 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
MWoods wrote:

Exactly.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#75978 2 years, 12 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
MWoods wrote:

Or Phish
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#76059 2 years, 12 months ago
MWoods wrote:
wlewis wrote:

"remember folks, you must see both sides of everything, no matter how bad you may not want to...understanding."

"for the record i still think we should all be more conscious and aware of the board and the way it is setup,"

"now, the one thing he did wrong was litter it was actual general discussion topics..."

C'mon dude, you are not defusing the situation... you're riding your high horse into town and throwing another log on the fire by playing devil's advocate for an arrogant attack on the people here. Dire Wolf basically said that the topics posted by people here didn't pass intellectual muster with him and he was obnoxious enough to post a series asinine threads meant to illustrate how annoying and uninteresting the threads started by other users of this board are to him. Well if he doesn't like what people here have to say then he should either stay away or come up with some interesting topics instead. Obviously he doesn't have anything more to offer than the people he was criticizing. Please stop lecturing people more than twice your age about how we should think and how our awareness and consciousness is lacking in some way. Diffuse the situation my ass.

i'm sorry you see it that way...if someone didn't acknowledge dire wolfs side of the argument it'd be fucked up...everyone was looking to bash him for what he said, and everybody took what he said a little differently..i think you read it as not being intellectual enough or whatever, that's not how i saw it...i was backing his idea of people using the correct folders the moderators have outlined for us...he had something to offer, his opinion...does it bother you someone less than half your age notices how ignorant and unaware someone your age can be? i'm not sure where the personal attack at me came from, and i'll let it slide with you don't know me, and judging from your messages, i think that is a good thing. take a step back, breathe deep, redirect your negative energy onto someone else
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#76063 2 years, 12 months ago
What happened to the Dire Wolf?

MWoods
Junior Boarder

#76066 2 years, 12 months ago
wlewis wrote:
MWoods wrote:
wlewis wrote:

i'm sorry you see it that way...if someone didn't acknowledge dire wolfs side of the argument it'd be fucked up...everyone was looking to bash him for what he said, and everybody took what he said a little differently..i think you read it as not being intellectual enough or whatever, that's not how i saw it...i was backing his idea of people using the correct folders the moderators have outlined for us...he had something to offer, his opinion...does it bother you someone less than half your age notices how ignorant and unaware someone your age can be? i'm not sure where the personal attack at me came from, and i'll let it slide with you don't know me, and judging from your messages, i think that is a good thing. take a step back, breathe deep, redirect your negative energy onto someone else

I'm sorry for the attack... you do seem like a good guy. I have felt that people on this board are a little preachy and judgmental at times and that bothers me. Carry on.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#76079 2 years, 12 months ago
MWoods wrote:
wlewis wrote:
MWoods wrote:
wlewis wrote:

I'm sorry for the attack... you do seem like a good guy. I have felt that people on this board are a little preachy and judgmental at times and that bothers me. Carry on.

apology accepted..and i understand what you mean about preachy and judgmental, and maybe the suggestions i provided did sound preachy but i really just wanted the argument to end, without that bitter end where fingers are still being pointed..my goal was for both people to see validity in the others stance, and for others to take an example from it...i know, high expectations...no hard feelings though
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: MWoods
katie mae
Junior Boarder

#76080 2 years, 12 months ago
I totally got what Dire Wolf's point was, and I agree with the basic premise of his original comments, but I was working and didn't have time to post earlier. It seemed to me that a lot of folks got their panties in a twist for no good reason, and folks who were lashing DW the loudest were also trying to censor him - ironically since some of those same folks were complaining that DW was promoting censorship, which he was not.

Unfortunately I wasn't compelled to post earlier, nor do I post here much because the actual content in the general discussion area is, solely in my opinion, lacking in interest and depth many times. I can only take so many posts about people who cannot figure out how to find a hotel near the BGCA, or how to get tickets via various methods, or who they can buy drugs from before I just say, fuck it, it's not worth replying. It would not surprise me to see a thread in General Discussion entitled, "How do you decide which song to take a bathroom break in at the NYE show?!?" I tend to read the music and show threads because folks over there seem to understand what the headings are for (someone made the different sections for a reason) and stick to them so I know what I'm getting over there. Here? It's like walking into a truck stop bathroom. Sometimes it's sparkly and nice and I'm pleasantly surprised, and other times there's a big nasty floater looking back at you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds