• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

what kind of toilet bowl cleaner do you use?

#75797 2 years, 9 months ago
i like the blue kind
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

Re: what kind of toilet bowl cleaner do you use?

#75824 2 years, 9 months ago
Super Green.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#75835 2 years, 9 months ago
They sell a cleaner for that stuff? Isn't flushing enough?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75844 2 years, 9 months ago
You know, you picked the wrong day for this thread, because I have a very serious toilet bowl cleaning issue today. Really, seriously, I do! So I'm going to make public service announcement: the new "Scrubbing Bubbles Continuous Clean Toilet Cleaning Gel" in the "fresh mountain morning" scent SMELLS HORRIBLE!!! It sounds like this great new product to make cleaning your toilet easy, all you have to do is put this little wad of gel under the rim, using this cool little dispenser, and it works every time you flush and you're good for a week or more. Sounds perfect, right? Well, what they don't tell you is that it will make your bathroom REEK LIKE A GAS STATION RESTROOM!! I mean, this stuff is foul, and you can smell it 20 feet away! There, that's my PSA for the day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf, MWoods, deadontherivet
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#75849 2 years, 9 months ago
I have a serious question about toilet bowl cleaner too. My house is not connected to town sewer, therefore I have a septic tank and am not supposed to use any toilet Bowl Cleaner that has bleach in it bc it will kill all the microbes in the tank that decompose my shit. But I am a clean freak and cleaning the toilet without bleach seems like not cleaning it all . So my question is: what do any of you that have a septic tank use to clean your toilet? Any product recommendations are greatly appreciated.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75857 2 years, 9 months ago
I've heard the warnings too, but I've been using Lysol and/or Clorox cleaner for the 21 years we've been in this house, and have never had a problem with the septic tank. HOWEVER, I do put a shot of Rid-X down the toilet every couple of months, just to replenish all those happy little microbes. The guy that empties the tank every 4 years (we do it with the Presidential elections- easy to remember AND symbolic) says that will work just fine, and it seems to do the trick. The last thing I want to have to ever replace is that septic tank/field, so I want to keep it happy and this routine seems to work.
MWoods
Junior Boarder

#75862 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks Sue! Thanks exactly What I have been doing too... cleaning with bleach and dumping a box of rid-x down there every now and then. I love the idea of having the tank cleaned on election years! I think I'm gonna steal that idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#75919 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
You know, you picked the wrong day for this thread, because I have a very serious toilet bowl cleaning issue today. Really, seriously, I do! So I'm going to make public service announcement: the new "Scrubbing Bubbles Continuous Clean Toilet Cleaning Gel" in the "fresh mountain morning" scent SMELLS HORRIBLE!!! It sounds like this great new product to make cleaning your toilet easy, all you have to do is put this little wad of gel under the rim, using this cool little dispenser, and it works every time you flush and you're good for a week or more. Sounds perfect, right? Well, what they don't tell you is that it will make your bathroom REEK LIKE A GAS STATION RESTROOM!! I mean, this stuff is foul, and you can smell it 20 feet away! There, that's my PSA for the day!

Thanks for the heads up Sunshine! I enjoy the scrubbing bubbles fresh clean scent! Smells great! Never noticed the Mountain Morning but now I know to stay away!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#76114 2 years, 9 months ago
My pets prefer the bacon-flavored kind....
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#76176 2 years, 9 months ago
just don't put it in the tank. It caused my bowl to constantly leak and run every five minutes, boo
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds