• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Stop posting everything and your grandma

#75720 2 years, 10 months ago
Dont wanna be a nit-picking butt all these posts of shows to listen to and sites to visit on this board is getting kinda overwhelming and old. There is a board for music talk specifically and the general discussion board would be a little less packed with threads started with only handfuls of responses on them and then disappearing into the ether of old thread pages. lets keep the good general discussion threads rolling and the ones just posting single pieces of information or links to their designated pages? please and thank yous
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: Stop posting everything and your grandma

#75723 2 years, 10 months ago
I think you should expect some negative responses to this thread. Some people like their grandma.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walk in the Sunshine, amusingdeva, deadontherivet
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75724 2 years, 10 months ago
DW, I respect your opinion, I understand where you're coming from, but I completely disagree.

censorshipsucks.jpg
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#75726 2 years, 10 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
I think you should expect some negative responses to this thread. Some people like their grandma.

i like my grandma too..
a-funny-grandma-fun-5367658-640-480.jpg
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#75729 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
DW, I respect your opinion, I understand where you're coming from, but I completely disagree.

censorshipsucks.jpg

hate to be the doofus but you should re-read my post and then look up the definition of censorship because no where did I imply people should not express their opinions nor did I even come close to trying to promote censorship. I just think that posts about neil young, 7 walkers, etc. should be in the music talk section as they are music and we will be talking about them. Stop filling up the gen. board with stuff that has a home on other boards!!
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#75732 2 years, 10 months ago
The reason people post those threads here is because this part of the site gets the most traffic. Nobody wants to write a post that no one will read. And your grandma's pretty hot. Does she sell her body on tour too? If so, can I get a 2 for 1 deal?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#75737 2 years, 10 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
The reason people post those threads here is because this part of the site gets the most traffic. Nobody wants to write a post that no one will read.

Lets make a point to check the other sections of the forum more often, so that they'll get more traffic, then people will be inclined to post appropriate topics in the appropriate section. Well I Say, im gonna head to the Music Talk forum right now! Follow me!
www.furthur.net/forum/music-talk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
volare
Senior Boarder

#75739 2 years, 10 months ago
I think most people participate in this kind of forum in order to have contact with like-minded, friendly people.....too many rules about what you can post or not or trying to compartmentalize topics tends to spoil the friendly community vibe.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#75754 2 years, 10 months ago
wow.. sorry to be the Debbie Downer but this wreaks of Ratdog.org pick and choose censorship. Please don't start telling people how to post, what to post, and where to post..the rules are posted for anyone who needs to know stuff. This is the internet, not your Homeowners ASSociation where you have to have a certain color on your house, can't fly a flag and so forth...if you need that kind of guidance and structure, then you may want to mosey on over to Ratdog.org where you can be assimulated.

That is all.

Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#75756 2 years, 10 months ago
gr8fuljen wrote:
wow.. sorry to be the Debbie Downer but this wreaks of Ratdog.org pick and choose censorship. Please don't start telling people how to post, what to post, and where to post..the rules are posted for anyone who needs to know stuff. This is the internet, not your Homeowners ASSociation where you have to have a certain color on your house, can't fly a flag and so forth...if you need that kind of guidance and structure, then you may want to mosey on over to Ratdog.org where you can be assimulated.

That is all.

its not censorship its a POLITE request to use the boards the way they have been setup by moderator...who is a nice person. guidance and structure is not what its about. though i appreciate your hippy elitist dont tell me what to do, even when you are not telling me what to do. now you go to ratdog.org and dont express your opinions here

your comments scream hypocrisy and that makes them even funnier
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Dire Wolf.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds