• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

What do you guys and gals sell?

#75708 2 years, 9 months ago
I always enjoy buying something every tour, and I know there are several members of this site who sell things on tour. Why not share what you sell, maybe we can help each other out? I prefer to support my fellow fans so hopefully they can earn enough to see the shows and stay on tour.

~The futures here, we are it, we are on our own
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

Re: What do you guys and gals sell?

#75712 2 years, 9 months ago
my body on the street corner
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#75713 2 years, 9 months ago
How much?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#75714 2 years, 9 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
I always enjoy buying something every tour, and I know there are several members of this site who sell things on tour. Why not share what you sell, maybe we can help each other out? I prefer to support my fellow fans so hopefully they can earn enough to see the shows and stay on tour.

I dont know if I am just getting jaded to lot but it seems like more and more stuff that is sold there is mass-produced cheap crap, often surplus from head shops around the world. If someone didnt buy it in a head shop a spun out kid who goes to his first show will buy it from me. So much stuff is ridiculously overpriced for what it is and supporting myself in this day and age is hard enough so supporting someone on a perpetual vacation doesn't sound so appealing anymore
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#75715 2 years, 9 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
How much?

you're in luck I work for peanuts
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#75718 2 years, 9 months ago
Peanuts_gang.png
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#75721 2 years, 9 months ago
CharlieBrown.png

Some nights on the street are tough
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#75764 2 years, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
scar1et_f1re wrote:

I dont know if I am just getting jaded to lot but it seems like more and more stuff that is sold there is mass-produced cheap crap, often surplus from head shops around the world. If someone didnt buy it in a head shop a spun out kid who goes to his first show will buy it from me. So much stuff is ridiculously overpriced for what it is and supporting myself in this day and age is hard enough so supporting someone on a perpetual vacation doesn't sound so appealing anymore
I can honestly say I hardly ever see anything mass produced on lot. I also vend and have a small pin company, and it is hardly a perpetual vacation. I have a regular gig and then spend another 2 hours a day answering emails, working on designs and then hitting the USPS. The reward is all the great people I meet and being able to tour.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder

#75768 2 years, 9 months ago
if you dont see mass-produced stuff on lot your not walking through the same vendors that I see at every show. there are the occasional artists who are just that, artists, but the majority of it is stuff I saw at headshops when I was a teenager. look through the majority of tabled vendors and tell me that most of it isn't bought in bulk from the internet or patches made by china or nepalese workers or blown by apprentice glass artists who are practicing their craft. you may sell pins at a show from a converted padded gun case and they may be your design which is awesome but you my friend, I would say are in the small majority of genuine vending artists. a very good friend of mine for the last ten years or more is a vendor and runs a gem, jewelry and glass piece booth and his stuff is not mass-produced either but he's one of only a handful of booths that when I go and work it for him or checkout his new stuff are things that I haven't seen a hundred times for more than the last decade

I am capable of touring myself but only when I eat those PB&J's for the year and work my ass off as a teaching assistant for the geology department, but hey we all know, no work is good work! In fact this november tour and nye will put me offer the 60+ show (for Furthur alone of course) mark by a nice margin
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Dire Wolf.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#75782 2 years, 9 months ago
Dire Wolf wrote:
if you dont see mass-produced stuff on lot your not walking through the same vendors that I see at every show. there are the occasional artists who are just that, artists, but the majority of it is stuff I saw at headshops when I was a teenager. look through the majority of tabled vendors and tell me that most of it isn't bought in bulk from the internet or patches made by china or nepalese workers or blown by apprentice glass artists who are practicing their craft. you may sell pins at a show from a converted padded gun case and they may be your design which is awesome but you my friend, I would say are in the small majority of genuine vending artists. a very good friend of mine for the last ten years or more is a vendor and runs a gem, jewelry and glass piece booth and his stuff is not mass-produced either but he's one of only a handful of booths that when I go and work it for him or checkout his new stuff are things that I haven't seen a hundred times for more than the last decade

I am capable of touring myself but only when I eat those PB&J's for the year and work my ass off as a teaching assistant for the geology department, but hey we all know, no work is good work! In fact this november tour and nye will put me offer the 60+ show (for Furthur alone of course) mark by a nice margin

You just gotta poke around, and perhaps by asking maybe we'll find something cool and unique from this site. Besides the custom pins and custom posters, I know at least one board member now tie dies (maybe for fun and self satisfaction?) and I know another vendor who sells some pictures of the band members. And PS - I try not to spend too much on vending, so sometimes a nice mass produced bumper sticker is all I need. It's actually the tie dies I try to buy now, mine are pretty holy at this stage in their lives. Cause I am a hoarder too.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds