• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

7 Walkers

#75657 2 years, 12 months ago
i was going to wait til tomorrow but i'm an insomniac so i figured i'd post this now..i'll start out by saying thank you to Chester and Sunshinesue for encouraging the trip to see them and ShakedownSteve for encouraging i make a thread..

i pulled up to the Carolina Theatre around 7:45 on sunday night not sure of what to expect, first time inside durham, seeing the venue, and seeing 7 walkers i knew it was going to be good when i was walking through the parking deck across the street and heard "Rain and Snowwwwwwwwww" blaring on speakers out the back of a VW van. I get in the theatre and head to my seat i opted for dead center on the 1st balcony after debating on where to buy my seat but i was happy with my choice there was a full range of sound and there were maybe 12 people in the balcony...show started out with a long spacey tuning that turned into a jam into Mr charlie very nice start then came some originals i was unfamiliar with and then a nice funky eyes of the world that was unexpected some more orginials and a new speedway were thrown in the 1st set but the highlight was definitely bottle up and go>drums w/George Porter Jr playing a funky bass>bottle up and go to end the set (Billy K blew my mind with that drum solo normally i'm never into long drum solos but he blew me away) 2nd set was good high energy they played wharf rat bertha 7 walkers new orleans crawl some more originals DDHNM and Deal and the absolute highlight was a fantastic Sugaree...so much energy and emotion it was fantastic...Big RxR Blues encore to round out the night after a little Cissy Strut tease

Yes i realize there is a show review section but since i figure no one else from here was there i'd post it here and cause off tour show review doesn't get much traffic

i was glad i went and would highly recommend seeing them i was somewhat skeptical of what to expect but tonight completely changed my opinions can't wait for november see you freaks there
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, wlewis, Daisy Mae, SunshineSue, amusingdeva, 23atwell, RandyHoe, ShakedownSteve
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: 7 Walkers

#75668 2 years, 12 months ago
nice review, I still havn't seen them.

I usually just post my reviews in general discussion to..... although the threads stay on the front page longer in the show review section
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#75673 2 years, 12 months ago
Thanks for the great review, looks like a killer show! Here's a hot Speedway from last month in Colorado.

ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#75684 2 years, 12 months ago
I'm glad you had such a great time. It's funny how things you can be so unsure of can turn out so well. After reading your review I'm even more jealous. And you were able to pick up that Cissy Strut tease...damn you know your shit!

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75694 2 years, 12 months ago
I'm so glad you had a good time! It does sound like a great show. And on a side note, I'm with you and MM on posting reviews in this section rather than the designated spot, aside from tour. I just don't see them otherwise.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#75759 2 years, 12 months ago
Sounds like 7 Walkers are evolving. Saw them last December in Philly. Definitely thought they were strong but they only played a few originals and not all of the Dead covers seemed appropriate for their sound. Perhaps they're developing a more natural approach. Hopefully they'll come my way again.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#75776 2 years, 12 months ago
I Missed them last year. I'm hoping they roll through town again soon. Im also looking forward to checking out Mickeys new band.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#76662 2 years, 12 months ago
Positively 4th Street 10/23/2011 Durham NC

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#76666 2 years, 12 months ago
7 Walkers recently added two shows on December 30th in NYC. The second show is after a Phish show. I posted that information earlier in the proper forum (for once)

6smiley_face.gif

images_2011-10-26.jpeg
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
james wright
Junior Boarder

#76679 2 years, 12 months ago
Thanks for posting the Durham vid. Looks like a 7walkers show would be worth checking out.
"You can't quit the mob"-Ken Kesey
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds