• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
fourwnds
Senior Boarder

Listening to shows later

#75424 2 years, 6 months ago
Just wondering what peoples experiences have been listening to shows after having attended it. After L.A. 10/06 I listened to the first set(in fact I am currently listening) and I can't help thinking I should have been sober because it is way better than I remember it being so much so I had to post and ask this Wow. I loved second set first time around but this has me rethinking my approach for NYE. Hm.
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by fourwnds.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Listening to shows later

#75428 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm such a nerd and must buy the shows that I attend that night. I'm always listening to them afterwards until the next show. I always hear things I didn't notice at the show. But I also don't hear things i thought I heard at the show lol.... I just love it!!

If you never done a Furthur show sober, try it! They take you there no enhancements needed!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#75431 2 years, 6 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I'm such a nerd and must buy the shows that I attend that night.

That doesn't make you a nerd my dear. I do the same thing and I'm certainly not a nerd. I definitely appreciate the show more after hearing it a few times, especially if it was at a less-than-stellar venue like UCF Arena. I thought the acoustics there sucked, but I also thought the stage was moving, so who knows. I was shrooming pretty hard.

FurthurFlower67 wrote:
If you never done a Furthur show sober, try it! They take you there no enhancements needed!

I'll have to try that sometime. Maybe.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by ShakedownSteve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#75451 2 years, 6 months ago
i usually take a listen once or twice after the show to see what it sounded like sans psychedelics. i am fairly experienced with using L at shows and always know my dose well and have never been 'too high' to get tuned into the music...only tuned in furthur...

i have a handful of favorite shows i listen to but mostly listen to GD 73-74, 80-81, and 89-90...i do tend to pull up outside lands 8/14/10 for some listens and the viola from last years nye...but that bout it, and with how good taping gear has gotten i usually dont see the need to buy a sbd, i just download the aud on archive...dont think i would put the money down for a tape of the show even if i didnt have archive...its about the moment and the mindset and the live show...the recording i really only use for psyching myself out for upcoming shows and deciphering what was the drugs and what was real.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#75474 2 years, 6 months ago
the are perks to being sober at a show,them usic,you hear it all and can remember it afterward,you dont spend time watching out for security so you can partake.I also like to get copies of the shows ive seen to relieve the memories and you def hear more ,i figure its cuz the soundboard is pure as opposed to the sound coming thru the air that gets distorted by the venue,acoustics,crowd etc
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#75485 2 years, 6 months ago
I always buy the soundboard at the shows I attend. Then after the tour I mail order for the other highlights I missed. Never know when you'll want to have them at hand.

I used to party a lot more at shows becaause I thought they were events. Now I see them more as concerts and I'm there specifically for the music.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#75496 2 years, 6 months ago
a lot of the time psychadelics will take you on a different ride than what is really happening...

i stopped dosing at shows (occasionally now) because the music sounds so much better without it
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds