michigan heads beware

#75155 2 years, 9 months ago
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

Re: michigan heads beware

#75220 2 years, 9 months ago
fuck those checkpoints. I fell for it in Misouri and got pulled over after exiting.

lucky me they didnt find the Pound of hash and i played it cool so they let me go.

Sheriff couldnt catch me.... But his little girl sure wish she could hahahaha
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#75225 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey Smiley....interesting you say that where you heading to Camp Zoe?

Every year in Missouri there use to be music festivals at this camp ground. And there were checkpoints at every festival. I grew old of having to go through it going down there so my friend found an alternate route to miss them. But for the average Joe going who didn't know much had to go through them.

David Gans had come played down at Zoe a few times. And one time in April of 09 he was on stage talking about his experience with the checkpoints. He gives some good advice after the one minute mark..... Give it a listen. He also played with Donna Jean that weekend down there. Wonder if she had to go through them?

www.dgans.com/audio/090417_SeedsStems.mp3
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cub
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#75226 2 years, 9 months ago
i had been going to zoe since they started having the shows there and i only went thru one roadblock and it was fine but usually i showed up at like 2am and they werent allowed to do that after its too dark
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#75228 2 years, 9 months ago
Yea Viper you are right. The checkpoints were only up in the daytime hours. They usually left by 7PM. But still it was such a hassle. Just let me get to my home away from home! Sure do miss it....
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#75255 2 years, 9 months ago
we have a festival up here called Grateful Garcia Gathering (3G's) and alot of the Zoe fam is there now, or at least were this last year. It's pretty cool with alot of great music. Last year they had Melvin Seals play 2 nights and I beleive he's coming back next year.

gratefulgarciagathering.com/

If any of you are thinking of coming just be warned it's held at a nudist camp!
The voices tell me what to say
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#75260 2 years, 9 months ago
ain't just michigan, all over the midwest...on the november tour last fall on our way up from st louis to chicago we hit a similarset of signs NB on I-55...george and i (mainly me) was getting nervous didn't know what to do..wasn't sure how those things worked, if everyone got searched/pulled over or what...i exited like smiley immediately...as we rolled off a state cop drives by us, and i truly attribute george looking like my possible father to the reason they didn't fuck with is because since then all i've heard is they wait for those cars pulling off...i looked at a map found an alternative route and avoided the entire thing
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#75278 2 years, 9 months ago
Bring kids, have the windows down and have them smiling, and waving at the cops. This is a joke of course. We go to Gratefulfest ( best weekend of the year) every 4th of July. I usually rent a car, with no Dead stickers, and dress fairly conservatively until I get there. The cops around Nelsons ledges are brutal. We usually look like an average family taking a country drive and never get stopped. I have seen tons of other heads pulled over on the side of the road getting searched.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75291 2 years, 9 months ago
I hope this doesn't become a trend in Michigan. We've had a lot of seat belt and alcohol checks, but this is the first drug one I've heard about. When we're driving up north, Mr. S always wears his Michigan Corrections Officer union t-shirt, and we've been pulled over but have never gotten a ticket.
dr bakes
Platinum Boarder
Dizzy ain't the word for the way you're makin me

#75294 2 years, 9 months ago
The 1995 Deer Creek show had them and they were challenged and went all the way to the Supreme Court.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds