• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

Help end the cruel act of Chaining a dog

#75134 3 years ago
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...ZLCUBLDnBNpARLG9fKsg

It way too common in this country that people have the idea that a dog being tied up 24 hours a day is anything short of CRUEL and ABUSE. Eating , sleeping, and using the bathroom in one area AND with a chain tied to the neck of a dog should be and CAN BE made illegal one city at a time. Camden NJ actually has made it illegal as of a few short years ago. I have reported and keep my eyes peeled when i drive (very rarely) through the city. But over the past few years, ive noticed less and less sightings of the terrible act of cruelty from humans onto "pets".
Sled dogs (siberian huskies) are usually , not always, tied up. But they get off 2/3 of the day and run thier hearts out.
People need to be made aware more that its illegal, and rightfully so, cause its a lack of care for the pet and downright inhumane.
For thier physical health and mental.

Help by talking about it with friends and neighbors in your community.
Check out this site.

when i paint this masterpiece
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

Re: Help end the cruel act of Chaining a dog

#75135 3 years ago
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#75139 3 years ago
This I am in 100% agreement with.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#75144 3 years ago
How does this translate when leashing the pet for a walk? Same principle. There are days that my dogs enjoy being outside for a few hours so I hook one up to a tie with a ground steak and when he wants to come him in. he barks at the door and I let him in. How would someone just driving or walking by know if he was out there all day or not. I understand where you are coming from on this , however not all dogs that are tied up out side for a bit are abused. Would you rather have them run free and get hit by a car or in a fight with another dog? To me this is nanny state type of legislation.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#75146 3 years ago
you pokin me helped me post this in a better manner. thanks

So may animals are killed in shelters and its not good. And so many people are so mad about this. But THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of pets are tied up at peoples "homes" in backyards all over the US. and cheeks are turned. Sometimes, people like me say, hey lets build a pen for your dog. And heres a leash, walk them, take them for a drive when you go get some milk at the store, maybe you can turn it up and be really daring and take em to get some custard at the ice cream stand...ok....on thier 10th birthday....they really deserve something NICE ...?

And thats all you can do because u cant call the animal control and have them enforce the people to not keep thier pets tied up.....CAUSE ITS NOT ILLEGAL. As it should. It is becoming more and more understood by our more than advanced society(Man on the Moon, I Pad touch, and so on) that its a problem that shouldnt exist, and DOESNT NEEED TO.

No animal should be treated like an old baseball glove in the closet.
atleast keep it under the bed or on the back porch.
anywayzzzz,

We will evolve into the planet we can atleast be.
The hutus and tutsis may never fight and murder millions again.
But maybe they will.
We have control over some things and then others like tribal wars....dont have too much influence. I'm not talking the armed forces and the U.S. government...i am talking state laws. County laws. City laws. Town laws.
This will hopefully be something that can in writing , in laws be not tolerated and acknowledged as being the abuse it is to an animal.

thanks -
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#75149 3 years ago
MsJimp wrote:
How does this translate when leashing the pet for a walk? Same principle. There are days that my dogs enjoy being outside for a few hours so I hook one up to a tie with a ground steak and when he wants to come him in. he barks at the door and I let him in. How would someone just driving or walking by know if he was out there all day or not. I understand where you are coming from on this , however not all dogs that are tied up out side for a bit are abused. Would you rather have them run free and get hit by a car or in a fight with another dog? To me this is nanny state type of legislation.

cmon are you serious? were not talking about people like you whos dogs go outside for a few hours to shit, piss, roll around in the grass, lick thier balls, do thir nails, text thier friends, or stare into space and watch squireel and birds.
Im OBVIOUSLY talking about dogs chained 24 hours a day non stop 7 days a week, every day of the month.
If someone walks by your house every day for a month at all different hours of the day and it seems like the dog is ALWAYS TIED UP ....then, then they should call. If the animal control comes out and you tell them my dog was just out cause you let them out for 3 or 4 or 5 hours to chill outside.....then they leave. This is a anti 24 hour dog chaining law.
What if someone walks by my house and my wife is saying shes gonna kill me for leaving the shower curtain open cause of mildew and a neighbor hears her say this and calls the cops for fear of my life (would be cool if once in awhile one of my neighbors would have some concerns for me..lol)...then the cops come, see the truth
and tell me..."dude, leave the shower curtain closed, goodnight."

If people know its illegal, if they didnt think it was wrong and inhumane, they might start to realize that it is cause its illegal. Yes, many still will, but many wont and it will be like a virus towards a more humane way of life for pets in this world.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#75150 3 years ago
MsJimp wrote:

i would not rather people let thier pets run free and get hit by cars. Even if a pet lives outside....WALK THEM a few times a day. Bring them for rides. I never said for people to never ever tie a dog. this is about a dog being tied up 24 hours a day ALL DAY ALL WEEK, and NEEEVVEERR comes of the chain EVER. do you understand now? jesus christ
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#75152 3 years ago
I live in a townhouse, cant build a pen here and my dogs are walked and they do get a chance to run free regularly. I would venture to say that a dog tied for between 1 and 3 hours once in a while is not abuse. My Nova Scotia duck toller will sit outside on a fall day and watch the geese fly over, he lays on the grass and enjoys his time immensely. When he wants to come inside he lets me know and his wish is granted. He is far from treated like an old baseball glove, he is a loved and treasured member of our family. Doggie ice cream is purchased regularly here, preferred flavors are sweet potato , for Watson and Peanut Butter frozen yogurt for Jerry Bear. They also have a queen sized bed of their own that they share. I still fail to see how tying them up for a few hours is abusive, Watson is 12 and Jerry is 10 and they surely are spoiled beyond measure.
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder

#75153 3 years ago
If its a law, then what happens is animal ontrol will be able to tell people they need to take thier pets for walks and get them off the chain for excercise and company (good company). This inspires and wakes bad pet owners up to acting like people who have a heart and resulting in pets being tortured. Its not torture to tie a dog up for them to go outside. Geez, this means they live inside, thats great. i assume they arent chained up in your basement. probably on the warm floor or couch even.
But for dogs that sleep outside mostly, BUYING A LEASH AND WALKING THE DOG can be something animal control can say the pet needs this provided to. and the dogs are grateful to god for this advice and protection from an anti 24 hour chainign law being in existance
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#75154 3 years ago
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds