• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

Re: Fall is here

#203830 2 years ago
really chilly but beautiful here in upstate NY we are ging down to 20 tonight .... going to be putting an outrageous baked ziti for my step daughters home coming from college tomorrow ... love being able to turn the oven on again !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#203835 2 years ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Is it just me, or am I the only one who calls it autumn? After all, it is called the autumnal equinox. Just wondering.

I think it's an Americanism... Speaking of our American English, it SO bugs me that most tend to use the words "real" and "really" incorrectly, and how they can't seem to spell the word "definitely" correctly ("definately"). I don't lose (not "loose"!) sleep over it or anything, but as an English teacher, I do grit my teeth a little. Yay for autumn/fall!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#203859 2 years ago
Wundurland wrote:

I think it's an Americanism... Speaking of our American English, it SO bugs me that most tend to use the words "real" and "really" incorrectly, and how they can't seem to spell the word "definitely" correctly ("definately"). I don't lose (not "loose"!) sleep over it or anything, but as an English teacher, I do grit my teeth a little. Yay for autumn/fall!

Do I need to remind you that this prohpesized many years ago in the song Touch of Grey:

kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene, but it's alright

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Great pic Sue, I have some reds coming out now too on my street. Hopefully the sun will poke out by day's end and I can take another pic. Keep em coming, I love the fall colors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, Wundurland
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#204173 2 years ago
Some reds down my street. Ahhhhhhh.........
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Zunostar
Junior Boarder
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own

#206132 2 years ago
Making the annual Pumpkin Ale tomorrow. Looks to be 66 and sunny here in Charlotte. GD/Furthur playing on the sound system and watching the Gamecocks vs. Gators. Brats on the grill. Fall in Charlotte is outstanding!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#206293 2 years ago
It was gray and raining here today, until the very end of the day. Then my maple tree caught a little bit of sun.

fallcolorforum.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#206294 2 years ago
leafpile.JPG

Zunostar wrote:
Making the annual Pumpkin Ale tomorrow. Looks to be 66 and sunny here in Charlotte. GD/Furthur playing on the sound system and watching the Gamecocks vs. Gators. Brats on the grill. Fall in Charlotte is outstanding!

That does sound really nice.

Started to snow in the WA mountains on Monday (6,000 feet and above) and now has dropped own the 3,000 foot level. Yep, 3k......which at last check is way below the city of Denver......or Salt Lake. Fall changes quickly to winter in the mountains around here which is just the way we like it. Skiing is just around the corner!!

On Wed afternoon/eve though was dry and a great oppportunity to blow a pile of leaves. Leaf blowing in somewhat cathartic and I could have probably made a pile twice this size if it wasnt getting so darn dark around 7 PM. Made me think of the Peanuts cartoons and jumping in.......lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zunostar, SunshineSue
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#206666 2 years ago
Siwithsnow.JPG

Just in case you all thought I was crazy about the snow this weekend, check out this picture from yesterday afternoon. A beautiful combination of white snow, deep green Evergreens and then a touch of yellow in the foreground to add the fall colors.

Pic if of Mt. Si, which sits at 4400 feet in the Snoqualmie Valley.This is what I look at everyday.........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man, fourwnds, SunshineSue, amusingdeva
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#206670 2 years ago
We went camping last weekend at 11k feet and got stuck in 8 inches of sloppy snow. Luckily it mostly melted by the time we left.

Nice pic Griff! Looks real nice out your way!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Last Edit: 2 years ago by Denver Man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
SugarMee
Expert Boarder
hay

#206673 2 years ago
I really enjoy seeing all the pictures of seasonal change in various areas! please keep them coming. In south Fla we have alot of different types of trees that bloom/drop leaves different times of the year here, but it's still summer here. I love seeing pictures of all the maples, bradford pears, and oaks turning magnificent colors
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#206674 2 years ago
Took a scenic fall drive & did some hiking yesterday and it started to snow.... went from fall to winter in an hour!
It was really snowy and cold at the higher elevations. Beautiful to see the white snow on the black lava fields but I am not ready for winter yet!!

Edit: I think non-Facebook people can use this link to see some photos from yesterday:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152176116915394.920744.633150393&type=1&l=5f932aa4b1
Last Edit: 2 years ago by amusingdeva. Reason: added photo link
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, Griff
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#207045 1 year, 12 months ago
AlpNYE2011.jpg

Denver Man wrote:
We went camping last weekend at 11k feet and got stuck in 8 inches of sloppy snow. Luckily it mostly melted by the time we left.

Nice pic Griff! Looks real nice out your way!

Lol........I didnt think it ever snowed wet snow in CO DenverMan??? Everytime I go ski in CO the snow is so dry and light that I dont even get wet storm skiing. Love it!!!!

Yep, the Snoqualmie Valley is pretty amazing. Just 20 more minutes east is the Pass, and 2200 vertical feet of great, steep big mountan skiing. Here is a pic of the Alpental Valley last NYE.

Great pics Cindy!! That is a awesome contrast between the white snow and black flow. Love the VW Van Pumpkin too......that is a first for me and really original.

Also, for those that like skiing, click on the link below of me and my boy (15 at the time) skiing a steep chute at Alpental with a little "The Other One" from 9/24/11 as the sound track:

sdrv.ms/K9OBrX
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds