#203452 1 year, 11 months ago
IMG_2159.JPG
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

Re: Fall is here

#203511 1 year, 11 months ago
Island Head wrote:
I wish fall would arrive here, it has been very hot, 89 degrees today, glad I got a/c

I'll trade you. Last couple of days have been downright chilly here. Highs in the 50s, fairly consistent rain. I might bring in some firewood tomorrow.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#203523 1 year, 11 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
It is currently 37 here. The weather report, not so sweet, has cold, rain, + snow for Saturday with a high of 39. Luckily the RR shows were two weeks ago.

There's no such thing as spring and fall anymore.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#203821 1 year, 11 months ago
It's gorgeous around here right now with the color peaking! And I even managed to find enough apples to make a big batch of applesauce to go with the garlicky chicken and veggies that are roasting in the oven. I have to say it smells awfully good in here. I love this time of year, even if my teams are losing!!

fall2.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, amusingdeva, Griff
alilfurther
Platinum Boarder

#203830 1 year, 11 months ago
really chilly but beautiful here in upstate NY we are ging down to 20 tonight .... going to be putting an outrageous baked ziti for my step daughters home coming from college tomorrow ... love being able to turn the oven on again !!!!
Let It SHIIIINE !!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Wundurland
Expert Boarder

#203835 1 year, 11 months ago
strangerinboulder wrote:
Is it just me, or am I the only one who calls it autumn? After all, it is called the autumnal equinox. Just wondering.

I think it's an Americanism... Speaking of our American English, it SO bugs me that most tend to use the words "real" and "really" incorrectly, and how they can't seem to spell the word "definitely" correctly ("definately"). I don't lose (not "loose"!) sleep over it or anything, but as an English teacher, I do grit my teeth a little. Yay for autumn/fall!
...was staring at the little blotch of sunshine with a special intensity, considering lying down in it.

-JD Salinger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, amusingdeva
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#203859 1 year, 11 months ago
Wundurland wrote:

I think it's an Americanism... Speaking of our American English, it SO bugs me that most tend to use the words "real" and "really" incorrectly, and how they can't seem to spell the word "definitely" correctly ("definately"). I don't lose (not "loose"!) sleep over it or anything, but as an English teacher, I do grit my teeth a little. Yay for autumn/fall!

Do I need to remind you that this prohpesized many years ago in the song Touch of Grey:

kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene, but it's alright

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Great pic Sue, I have some reds coming out now too on my street. Hopefully the sun will poke out by day's end and I can take another pic. Keep em coming, I love the fall colors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, Wundurland
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#204173 1 year, 11 months ago
Some reds down my street. Ahhhhhhh.........
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue
Zunostar
Junior Boarder
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own

#206132 1 year, 11 months ago
Making the annual Pumpkin Ale tomorrow. Looks to be 66 and sunny here in Charlotte. GD/Furthur playing on the sound system and watching the Gamecocks vs. Gators. Brats on the grill. Fall in Charlotte is outstanding!
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#206293 1 year, 11 months ago
It was gray and raining here today, until the very end of the day. Then my maple tree caught a little bit of sun.

fallcolorforum.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griff
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds