• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Re: Dead Head friendly hotels near Bill Graham Civic

#75036 2 years, 11 months ago
OtherOne wrote:
funky420 wrote:
OtherOne wrote:
Wow, hotel whitcomb reviews are pretty bad. No fridges, paper thin walls and NO BLACKOUT CURTAINS, WTF?? Would love to hear reviews of the hotel from people who stayed there last year!! Thinking about maybe finding another hotel...

We stayed there last year and had no problems. the rooms are small but you're right across the street from the venue as far as the blackout curtains (we don't need no stinkin blackout curtains!) unless you're a wharf rat most likely you'll be lit up so sleeping should'nt be problem! Also I don't like sleeping all day so I can get out and see some sights and be active. For my money its Whitcomb or bust!!!

Yeah I'll be raging all night, just like the blackout curtains to get some shut eye from 8am to 3pm or so. I'm more interested in looking for a hassle free place where I can rage more than anything else, so I think i'll stick with the Whitcomb!! Was just trying to make sure its not a complete shithole..

I've definately stayed in much worse but this place is alright, the lobbies cool and the hallways remind me of The Shining!
The voices tell me what to say
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#75037 2 years, 11 months ago
I stayed at InterContinental San Francisco
888 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
It walking distance, higher line, about 200 a night, with a pool.and good food. I'll probably stay there again this year. What the hell, $200 decided by 27 hippies is only $7.50. Lol
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#75292 2 years, 11 months ago
check craigslist for vacation rentals.
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#75297 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah I'll be raging all night, just like the blackout curtains to get some shut eye from 8am to 3pm or so. I'm more interested in looking for a hassle free place where I can rage more than anything else, so I think i'll stick with the Whitcomb!! Was just trying to make sure its not a complete shithole..[/quote]

dont worry it is far from a shithole and only a stones through from just about all the places you would want to have easy access to...except GGP
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#75299 2 years, 11 months ago
funky420 wrote:
I've definately stayed in much worse but this place is alright, the lobbies cool and the hallways remind me of The Shining!

Um, I wanted to stay there if we get a chance next NYE, but I'm not sure hallways like the Shining are what I consider a positive selling point!

Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by SunshineSue.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#75302 2 years, 11 months ago
I'll probably stay east bay, and cab it back across the bridge. More bang for the buck.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
lysergic
Junior Boarder

#75305 2 years, 11 months ago
from chicago. booked at whitcomb wed-sat night. im looking for people to share pm meh.
Delilajones
Junior Boarder

#75308 2 years, 11 months ago
we stayed at the whitcomb for phil's B'day and NYE last year- would stay there this year if we were able to go:( was soooo much fun being under the balloons!! enjoy!
Delilajones
Junior Boarder

#75358 2 years, 11 months ago
it isn't & there's a great place to eat right across the street---
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#75367 2 years, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
funky420 wrote:

Um, I wanted to stay there if we get a chance next NYE, but I'm not sure hallways like the Shining are what I consider a positive selling point! Not to mention some freak runnin around in tye dye hot pants

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds