Senior Boarder

Re: Dead Head friendly hotels near Bill Graham Civic

#74960 3 years ago
Hilton San Francisco Downtown/Financial District
750 Kearny St
San Francisco, CA 94108
Phone: 1 (415) 433-6600
I think $274.94 for Friday and Sat...

Not sure if it passes the acid test for being deadhead friendly..... I'm ready for bed after dancing for three sets.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74965 3 years ago
OtherOne wrote:
Wow, hotel whitcomb reviews are pretty bad. No fridges, paper thin walls and NO BLACKOUT CURTAINS, WTF?? Would love to hear reviews of the hotel from people who stayed there last year!! Thinking about maybe finding another hotel...

well, sometimes the most deadhead friendly hotels are also the worst in terms of amenities...i'm sure it will be a blast there

when i was quickly searching around i went with one of the cheaper, "known" motels, i saw a rodeway inn, stayed at plenty on the road before, and they aren't that bad...also i'm pretty sure they fall into one of the zillion hotel/motel priority clubs i'm in..anyways, it is only .3 mi away a 5 minute walk at most, 500 dollars for the entire weekend--split with friends is a steal for downtown SF close to the venue, fine by me, will do just fine
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#74968 3 years ago
lostsailor wrote:
750 Kearny St
San Francisco, CA 94108

Not sure if it passes the acid test for being deadhead friendly..... I'm ready for bed after dancing for three sets.

I've stayed there many times and its very nice. They walk around with walkie talkies and gave us multiple warnings within 30 mins of getting back after the show. If sleep is all you want, its perfect
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

#75007 3 years ago
For the 2011 and 2009 NYE shows I used Priceline.com and bid $75 per night and got rooms at the Holiday Inn up Van Ness (3/4 mile or so from venue) and Best Western (few blocks away). Both of these hotels typically sell rooms between $150-200 per night. You pick the area (Civic Center, Union, etc), give the financial info, and they bid out your offer and fill the empty spaces in hotel database world.

I never use anything but Priceline to book hotels... I've never been disapointed. Typically book a month or so before showtime.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#75014 3 years ago
gdrew817 wrote:
For the 2011 and 2009 NYE shows I used Priceline.com and bid $75 per night and got rooms at the Holiday Inn up Van Ness (3/4 mile or so from venue) and Best Western (few blocks away). Both of these hotels typically sell rooms between $150-200 per night. You pick the area (Civic Center, Union, etc), give the financial info, and they bid out your offer and fill the empty spaces in hotel database world.

I never use anything but Priceline to book hotels... I've never been disapointed. Typically book a month or so before showtime.

For the first furthur shows in oakland, someone posted on ratdog to do the above, ask for $40 and you'd get a certain hotel. I did, got the hotel as promised. I met people who easily paid $80 or more for the same room.

But I don't know..... god knows what the reviews are, etc. Is it worth it to safe a few bucks and risk getting a crack head hourly roachtel? I don't know.
gdrew817
Junior Boarder
All I Leave Behind Me Is Only What I Found

#75019 3 years ago
You can pick how many "Stars" the hotel has, so I've never run into that issue. I've booked as recommended on Priceline at least 10 times -- saving HUNDREDS, on average getting 40-50% off regular rate. Fore real dude, just sayin'...
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#75023 3 years ago
OtherOne wrote:
lostsailor wrote:
750 Kearny St
San Francisco, CA 94108

I've stayed there many times and its very nice. They walk around with walkie talkies and gave us multiple warnings within 30 mins of getting back after the show. If sleep is all you want, its perfect

good to know. My wife hates live music scene and will come to play tourist, so she'll not be in the deadhead post-show frame of mind.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#75030 3 years ago
gdrew817 wrote:
You can pick how many "Stars" the hotel has, so I've never run into that issue. I've booked as recommended on Priceline at least 10 times -- saving HUNDREDS, on average getting 40-50% off regular rate. Fore real dude, just sayin'...

I've used Priceline before too. Got an especially good deal in Amsterdam where hotels are really pricey!
If you go to this site, you can see what hotels have recently been coming up for what price.
www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showforum=432&

Priceline works best if you do not plan too far ahead. I reserved at the Best Western for a decent price due to some deal I have but I will try Priceline a week before the show as I can always cancel my other reservation. but we also hope to get some sleep - at least after the Dec 30th show to rest up for NYE.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by amusingdeva.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#75032 3 years ago
OtherOne wrote:
Wow, hotel whitcomb reviews are pretty bad. No fridges, paper thin walls and NO BLACKOUT CURTAINS, WTF?? Would love to hear reviews of the hotel from people who stayed there last year!! Thinking about maybe finding another hotel...

We stayed there last year and had no problems. the rooms are small but you're right across the street from the venue as far as the blackout curtains (we don't need no stinkin blackout curtains!) unless you're a wharf rat most likely you'll be lit up so sleeping should'nt be problem! Also I don't like sleeping all day so I can get out and see some sights and be active. For my money its Whitcomb or bust!!!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcolleen, volare
OtherOne
Junior Boarder

#75033 3 years ago
funky420 wrote:
OtherOne wrote:

We stayed there last year and had no problems. the rooms are small but you're right across the street from the venue as far as the blackout curtains (we don't need no stinkin blackout curtains!) unless you're a wharf rat most likely you'll be lit up so sleeping should'nt be problem! Also I don't like sleeping all day so I can get out and see some sights and be active. For my money its Whitcomb or bust!!!

Yeah I'll be raging all night, just like the blackout curtains to get some shut eye from 8am to 3pm or so. I'm more interested in looking for a hassle free place where I can rage more than anything else, so I think i'll stick with the Whitcomb!! Was just trying to make sure its not a complete shithole..
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds