JStraw
Junior Boarder

Re: Furthurmore Friday Question is posted

#75025 3 years ago
SunshineSue wrote:
wlewis wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
wlewis wrote:
the answer is february 6th 1979, tulsa pavilion in tulsa oklahoma...not a single note of this show was recorded

Very interesting. I wonder why??

i'm assuming no aud recordings because before the show there was a day off but they were in madison WI the day before that...the show after oklahoma was in southern illinois the following day...anyone on tour was like, ehhh i don't know about that one...rightfully so, i was always the sick type who did those kind of shows, still am...but i just bet no tapers went down there...the soundboard i can't explain

I dunno, I can't believe that it was just a routing issue. To have absolutely no tapers at a given show by '79 seems improbable. I'm wondering if the venue itself refused to let any taper tickets be issued?? A lot of venues didn't care if you were bringing in equipment whether you had official taper tickets or not, but some were really picky about it, and maybe this one didn't want any taping at all so refused to let GDTS sell any? Maybe they'll give a reason when the post the answer. Cool trivia point though!

This is pure speculation, but in addition to the venue possibly banning taping, I think it might also had to do with the tour. This winter '79 tour (Keith and Donna's last...) was a makeup for all the dates missed during Jerry's laryngitis in '78. So maybe there weren't that many people at the shows who were tapers? Maybe the crew didn't feel makeup shows were worthy of tapping into the soundboard? I don't know, but this run is lacking in quality recordings to begin with. Which is too bad, because some of the shows are sleepers, 1/15/79 being one of my favorites (incredible Jack Straw!).
Those who hear not the music. . . think the dancers mad.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#75076 3 years ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
wlewis wrote:
SunshineSue wrote:
wlewis wrote:
the answer is february 6th 1979, tulsa pavilion in tulsa oklahoma...not a single note of this show was recorded

Very interesting. I wonder why??

i'm assuming no aud recordings because before the show there was a day off but they were in madison WI the day before that...the show after oklahoma was in southern illinois the following day...anyone on tour was like, ehhh i don't know about that one...rightfully so, i was always the sick type who did those kind of shows, still am...but i just bet no tapers went down there...the soundboard i can't explain

Wlewis, how the heck did you figure that one out? Quite impressive. I thought it was something with a special guest who didn't give permission to be taped, but I don't think that was the case here. The show is not listed on deadbase either. My guess is a google search lead you to this page, but just a guess. (the comments here talk about no recordings of this show). www.dead.net/show/february-6-1979

google provided zero assistance for it....i tried doing that first and had no luck...maybe i will withhold the information-- or maybe just steve...or not

www.deadlists.com for the many of you who i am sure have never seen/heard of it, you're welcome, it's a categorized site that uses archive for all of it's show

i searched through the years, luckily 79 was only the 4th year i had to dive into thanks to the cutoff of 76 provided by furthur.net
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#75180 3 years ago
wlewis wrote:
ShakedownSteve wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i've got it!

You gonna tell us or wait until they announce the winner of the contest? Don't be like that guy back in the day who finds out about mail order and keeps the info to himself. Not cool brother.

your impatience and negative attitude aren't going to get you anything in life dude, many of your posts come across like you are angry at somebody or the world, and this one i'm reading that like you are assuming you know me and that i'm against giving you some type of information for a website contest...THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS

first of all you don't even know me, to assume anything about me is your first mistake. second, i think if you ask anybody on this forum who has met me, they'll tell you i'm anything but a skeeze or a dirtbag

if you'd really like to know dude when i posted "i've got it!" it was minutes or seconds before NYE tix sale started and i wasn't even ready so this forum tab in my browser went bye bye i got my ticket i was happy i went for my daily walk, i never meant to not give the answer

i don't know what kind of person you are or the type you hang out with but if from your comment above about tickets.. you/they were ever withholding some type of ticket information from you/friends/anybody, have mercy on your soul(s).

I would tell you to relax but that would probably make you flip out even more. I could say a lot right now, like how I suspect your parents bankroll your constant touring and you come across in your posts as a know-it-all, but I would be making assumptions when I don't even know you. I made an offhand smartass remark. That's it. Sorry if it offended you.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Last Edit: 3 years ago by ShakedownSteve.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#75200 3 years ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
wlewis wrote:
ShakedownSteve wrote:
wlewis wrote:
i've got it!

You gonna tell us or wait until they announce the winner of the contest? Don't be like that guy back in the day who finds out about mail order and keeps the info to himself. Not cool brother.

your impatience and negative attitude aren't going to get you anything in life dude, many of your posts come across like you are angry at somebody or the world, and this one i'm reading that like you are assuming you know me and that i'm against giving you some type of information for a website contest...THAT'S NOT HOW IT IS

first of all you don't even know me, to assume anything about me is your first mistake. second, i think if you ask anybody on this forum who has met me, they'll tell you i'm anything but a skeeze or a dirtbag

if you'd really like to know dude when i posted "i've got it!" it was minutes or seconds before NYE tix sale started and i wasn't even ready so this forum tab in my browser went bye bye i got my ticket i was happy i went for my daily walk, i never meant to not give the answer

i don't know what kind of person you are or the type you hang out with but if from your comment above about tickets.. you/they were ever withholding some type of ticket information from you/friends/anybody, have mercy on your soul(s).

I would tell you to relax but that would probably make you flip out even more. I could say a lot right now, like how I suspect your parents bankroll your constant touring and you come across in your posts as a know-it-all, but I would be making assumptions when I don't even know you. I made an offhand smartass remark. That's it. Sorry if it offended you.

i'm quite relaxed (thanks marijuana)....hahah i wish my parents would fund my touring, but sorry dude, i actually love the music, i work 2 jobs night and day just to take off for a couple weeks to see the boys. for your information i don't have a smartphone, a fancy apartment, a flatscreen tv, nice shoes, nice clothing, a swanky car, nights out at expensive bars, or even a computer with software that was built within the last 7 years...i work my ass off and save save save...think what you want man, like i always say "whatever helps you sleep at night"

i do come across as a know it all, because i have a severe thirst for correct information. am i always right? hell no. but i like to step in and try to clear anything i may be able to...nothing worse than hearing a bunch of bullshit being repeated...i have also experienced quite a bit in my short 24 years, especially concerning this band. if i didn't love them and the music, i wouldn't even be posting on this forum

what offended me was your assumption in my character...just because i'm a know it all doesn't mean i don't want everyone else to know it
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77373 3 years ago
it was in fact 2/6/79...

the person who won asked why there was no recording...BAD SNOWSTORM, no copy anywhere in public or in the vault
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, 23atwell
scrltbg
Junior Boarder

#79950 2 years, 12 months ago
Something interesting I found when researching this one...

found this post @ audio41.archive.org/post/346243/ghost-shows :

January and February 1979 is far from the best tour but as a completist I would like a copy of the Tulsa show. I did read once the recolections of the student promoter of this show. He/she stated that the concert hall was close to empty due to a snow and ice storm. This individual did mention that a microphone pole was clearly visible in the audience. Maybe it is out there somewhere. It is more likely too exist then the ghosts from the sixties unless Bear is sitting on some boxes of goodies.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds