• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

Re: Horror Movies

#74929 2 years, 10 months ago
NewHampshireJed wrote:
Also, give me some Childs Play, I love that doll!

In the 80's, my daughter used to have and love one of those My Buddy dolls that Chuckie was based on. She took that doll everywhere! Then I think she saw a commercial for one of the movies and I later found that My Buddy doll purposely buried in the bottom of her closet under as many things as she could stack on top of it!

It was kind of sad but I can't say I blame her! Chuckie was scary!
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by amusingdeva.
skidoo
Gold Boarder
skidoo, skidoo.....ski-doo doo doodlie doo doo doo

#74932 2 years, 10 months ago
saw the movie musical "Oliver" as a kid--Oliver Reed as bill sikes. also freaked me out, had a meltdown in the theatre. my parents had to sedate me at The Red Barn. loved the soundtrack though....
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDowling
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#74991 2 years, 10 months ago
I'm all about Horror movies. I've loved the genre since I was very young, watching all of those classics on USA Networks Saturday Nightmares and WBZN Creature Double Features on Saturday after cartoons. I have a deep collection of DVD's with my favorites being the classic British Hammer films. Long Live Christopher Lee.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#74993 2 years, 10 months ago
The Devil Rides out!
devtmm
Junior Boarder

#75006 2 years, 10 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
I loved old school horror movies when I was a kid (Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.) I grew up in Chicago watching the Saturday night creature features with Son of Svengoolie on channel 32. Then the slasher movie became popular, but I had a hard time watching those. I loved being scared, but I hated it at the same time. The movie Halloween really freaked me the fuck out. Especially that music.

Halloween traumatized me as well, I couldnt sleep for months....the mask still freaks me out
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#75112 2 years, 10 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Have to watch a scary one every Halloween, think this year I'll finally check out Paranormal Activity. Some of the Stephen Kings turned into good films, like the Shining, It and the Stand (you must read the latter- best SK ever!!). Love the first Halloween and Friday the 13th, but slashers got old after that. Ghost Ship isn't great but has the best/freakiest mass killing of a deck full of passengers ever. Anything with kids is really scary to me, like The Ring, Children of the Corn and The Omen (threw that book across my room one night!!).

But if you haven't seen it and want some humor with your gore, I LOVE Woody Harrelson's Zombieland. Can't recommend it enough!!

OH YES that scene in Ghost Ship is truly inspired.

And The Cell where she's in the sociopath's mind checking out the horse.
deadegad
Platinum Boarder

#75138 2 years, 10 months ago
Here is one that creeped me out as a kid form the Hammer Horror people called Horror Hotel, or City of the Dead:

LBDowling
Expert Boarder
We must become ourselves before someone else does

#75229 2 years, 10 months ago

This one looks really scary... in theaters early next year...
Someday, everything's gonna be diff'rent... when I paint my masterpiece
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by LBDowling.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#75232 2 years, 10 months ago
used to like them but cant watch them anymore i spend a lot of time alone in the woods before sunrise and after dark i dont need those images floating round my head its spooky enough out there
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

#75236 2 years, 10 months ago
I love horror movies grew up watching them as well. Never understood why I didn't get freaked out by them when I was younger. But love all of the movies from the old Dracula to the recent ones now.
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds