• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

COMPUTER HELP NEEDED BADLY

#74634 2 years, 6 months ago
i BOUGHT A NETBOOK TODAY BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAPER THAN PAYING FOR MY HARDWARE ISSUES ON MY REAL LAPTOP...all good so far right? I bought it at toys r us because it was a loss leader price of unbelievable cheap. Still good so far right? Windows 7 starter is the OS(should be good so far right?) Microsoft says my version of windows in not genuine and I don't know what to do. So......I downloaded google chrome and java and I shall download avg and cross my fingers until I can get help.
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

Re: COMPUTER HELP NEEDED BADLY

#74636 2 years, 6 months ago
I'm no expert...you did what i would do. and I'm sure you will get better advice soon but....

Try downloading Mozilla aka firefox, for your default browser.
volare
Senior Boarder

#74637 2 years, 6 months ago
I would bring it back to the store and let them know what happened. I am sure that a huge chain like that is not interested in selling questionable software.

alternatively you could try the solution listed here Windows not Genuine

if neither of these are possible, there are other fixes which require some ethical flexibility. PM me if you can't resolve it, i can try to help you find a way to get rid of that warning....
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsJimp
Chester
More or less in line

#74641 2 years, 6 months ago
There must be some recourse with the retailer.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#74675 2 years, 6 months ago
problemo fixed!!!!!!! there was a discrepancy between the product key in the machine and on the outside of the machine

if this happens to you on a new purchase , go to computer, right click, go down to change product key , change the key to the key on the outside of your machine and then the system should validate
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74679 2 years, 6 months ago
MsJimp wrote:
problemo fixed!!!!!!! there was a discrepancy between the product key in the machine and on the outside of the machine

if this happens to you on a new purchase , go to computer, right click, go down to change product key , change the key to the key on the outside of your machine and then the system should validate

good to hear!
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Chester
More or less in line

#74682 2 years, 6 months ago
MsJimp wrote:

Excellent!
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
MsJimp
Expert Boarder
I take pictures

#74691 2 years, 6 months ago
Now I am quite happy with my great dealio little machine. 10.1 inch screen, 250 gb hd, 1 expandable to 2 gigs of ram which i am going to do before i go to bed, an intel atom processor and win7 starter for 239
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds