• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

Re: partners and spouses not into the dead

#74820 2 years, 11 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
My wife is not a deadhead. We are in the process of getting divorce. This has freed me up to do 30 shows this year solo and meet many cool heads and reconnect with old heads. For this I am grateful. Huge silver lining. No question my next spouse will be a dead head, I hope.

Sorry about your divorce Tim, but I encourage you to stay single for awhile. Being single doesn't mean you're not good enough for anyone, it just means no one is good enough for you.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#74842 2 years, 11 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:
"why are you jumping around""

This just made me crack up!!!
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#74857 2 years, 11 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:
Tmglf2 wrote:
My wife is not a deadhead. We are in the process of getting divorce. This has freed me up to do 30 shows this year solo and meet many cool heads and reconnect with old heads. For this I am grateful. Huge silver lining. No question my next spouse will be a dead head, I hope.

Sorry about your divorce Tim, but I encourage you to stay single for awhile. Being single doesn't mean you're not good enough for anyone, it just means no one is good enough for you.

Thanks Steve, that's my plan to stay single as long as possible. Solo is the best way to tour.
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#74860 2 years, 11 months ago
Been married 17 years, my wife doesn't get the Dead, she knows alot of their songs, but cannot stand the extended jams. I give her credit though, I turned her onto Jimmy Buffet (while I was in college, so me and her have went to see him 6 times in the past) and she digs the mellow Neil Young especially Harvest moon album (so we've been to about 5 farm aids, but she didn't like his Greendale show since she didn't know any of his new songs).
It's funny the other day I got in the van with the kids and my first instant is to change the XM to the Dead channel. She told me, "Don't even think about it."
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#74868 2 years, 11 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
Thanks Steve, that's my plan to stay single as long as possible. Solo is the best way to tour.

Everyone is different but I really dig that super-high show moment where your head is about to explode and you look over at your partner of the moment and their head space is EXACTLY where yours is. For me, that sort of shared experience is where it is at.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharicee
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#74899 2 years, 11 months ago
amusingdeva wrote:
Tmglf2 wrote:

Everyone is different but I really dig that super-high show moment where your head is about to explode and you look over at your partner of the moment and their head space is EXACTLY where yours is. For me, that sort of shared experience is where it is at.

Let me clarify...traveling to shows solo includes "partner of the moment" as often as possible. It just excludes my current wife. For me it's always been a shared experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#74907 2 years, 11 months ago
Love the one you're with (and the one at home!)
kmoffat
Junior Boarder

#74913 2 years, 11 months ago
My gf of almost 5 years definitely isn't a Deadhead but she does enjoy going to occasional shows. I feel like I'm making some progress since now she at least sees what I get from the whole dancing to live music experience and she feels it at some other band's shows we go to.

I do some Furthur runs by myself and others, like New Year's, she's going with me to SF (from PDX) but just hitting 2 out of 3.

I keep thinking that one of these days, the light will turn on and she'll "get it" but I'm probably deluding myself. Either way, she's cool and supportive about my obsession so I'm very happy.
lostsailor
Senior Boarder

#74966 2 years, 11 months ago
My wife is Indonesian. Back in 2003 I dragged her to two west coast TOO shows. She was interested to see what I was into, but that wore off. I dragged her to ratdog, which is maybe a little more jazzy at the greek here in Los angeles and during a scortching scarlet she wanted to go to the car. grrrrrr. I married her anyway .

For NYE this year, she's coming to the hotel, but won't go to the shows. She knows some people in San Fran that she may see, or she'll do her own thing while I'm at the shows. It works out.

I just have to make sure that our vacation time is split up to include her on things. Which is tough because I'd easily... easily use my entire vacatoin time for furthur. But can't.
SkiNose
Junior Boarder

#74989 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
yeah, we split

ditto
"You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know."
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds