• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

partners and spouses not into the dead

#74615 2 years, 9 months ago
Anybody else have a partner or spouse just not into the Dead?? Just revealed my NYE plans.... that didn't go over well. But for 2012? Fuck it. I'm going!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

Re: partners and spouses not into the dead

#74617 2 years, 9 months ago
Tiki Mon wrote:
Anybody else have a partner or spouse just not into the Dead?? Just revealed my NYE plans.... that didn't go over well. But for 2012? Fuck it. I'm going!

you may be temporarily in the doghouse, but you're doing the right thing! don't let anyone tell you differently.
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#74622 2 years, 9 months ago
Funny as I was just talking to a single someone about how it can be sometimes so limiting in the relationship world being a deadhead as you really need to hook up with another deadhead.

I met my now husband during Sugar Mag on NYE 1991 and he really likes the Dead but I would not say he is a Head although he joins me for a lot of shows. I think if I did not put it all together he would likely only hit the occasional show. But he also understands when I needed to run off to Red Rocks this year with an old tour buddy or why I think I have to go to at least a couple of the east coast shows.

I wish those who do not have such a great partner a lot of luck!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74651 2 years, 9 months ago
yeah, we split
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#74654 2 years, 9 months ago
My wife is not a dead head. We hooked up 4 years ago and like things are now everything is gd all the time. So before we got married I was going to shows out of state and doing all kinds of gd or furthur stuff. It was pretty much a prenup deal with us about anything that comes up gd related and I want to go, im going. She agreed and has been very supportive. She hears it everyday and enjoys it most of the time. She's totally down with all the gd stuff hung up every where because it's framed and beautiful art. She is going to jgb next month. I think she likes jgb better. She's only been to jgb once, nothing else. She has never complained once. She does freak out a little when it's three night run and I will be staying out but she trust me.

Im so thankful that she is not like me. Going to shows is my thing and I love to go with one good friend and then when I get there meet new people. It would be hard to do that with her there she's not used to doing stuff like that like me. It works so well I think cause when we started this relationship she so my obsession and respected it. Sounds bad maybe but I trained her to except that in the begging. It's my time to get away and it works. Pluse we love to listen to jgb while eat dinner it's nice.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
Sharicee
Junior Boarder
Love you all!

#74656 2 years, 9 months ago
It's so hard dragging people to shows with you when they are not into it, there is nothing worse than being in the moment with an epic tune and you look over and your loved one looks like they are about to fall asleep. I haven't dated a deadhead, and I am single so that probably says a lot.
Too pat to open and too cool to bluff...
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#74657 2 years, 9 months ago
Me and my Dead spouse are celebrating our 23rd anniversary this weekend. We met in the Spectrum parking lot spring 86 and hooked up 6 months later in a mystical manner. I proposed at Telluride 87.

I dated and had meaningful relationships with non-deadheads in the past. But I don't think I would have made it in the long run with them.

We just have an understanding, you know? She's not on the couch tour, but doesn't think its strange that I am.
Chuck_Woolery
Visitor

#74658 2 years, 9 months ago
Wifey is definitely not down. I've gone to shows alone as a result. Kind of like it that way. Gonna do NYE alone if I have to. Got a crew goin for'29 and 30.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74672 2 years, 9 months ago
Sharicee wrote:
It's so hard dragging people to shows with you when they are not into it, there is nothing worse than being in the moment with an epic tune and you look over and your loved one looks like they are about to fall asleep. I haven't dated a deadhead, and I am single so that probably says a lot.

it's brutal, not even worth it, and you 100% correct about the loved one looking like they are going to fall asleep, it's happened to me with many different women over the years--just a complete let down but i learned to realize that you can't force someone to like something and someone can't even force themselves, it probably wouldn't be right to even do that

i stick with the "all good things in all good time" philosophy
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva, 23atwell
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#74673 2 years, 9 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
Me and my Dead spouse are celebrating our 23rd anniversary this weekend. We met in the Spectrum parking lot spring 86 and hooked up 6 months later in a mystical manner. I proposed at Telluride 87.

I dated and had meaningful relationships with non-deadheads in the past. But I don't think I would have made it in the long run with them.
We just have an understanding, you know? She's not on the couch tour, but doesn't think its strange that I am.

Happy Anniversary, TS! I'm like you, we got together in the Alpine '85 parking lot. Hard to imagine going to a show alone after all this time, even if he'd rather be burning music while I'm listening to couch tour. It can be done, but if your musical and drug tastes don't match I think it's a lot more challenging.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Terrapin Sedation
Time to create page: 0.86 seconds