• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

3 Sets for NYE 2011/2012????

#74333 2 years, 11 months ago
2009 and 2010 both had a three set NYE, and they were always advertised as so. this year i havent seen anything bout there being a third set, maybe its just implied now, i dunno? but previous years there was only 2 days, this year we're getting 3 days. maybe that has something to do with it.

itd be a cryin shame if there wasnt a third set on NYE.

has there been any info on this, or does anyone know for sure if there is or isnt a third set on NYE?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

Re: 3 Sets for NYE 2011/2012????

#74341 2 years, 11 months ago
i could look for and paste links to the other few threads about this, but it's early, start looking
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#74343 2 years, 11 months ago
i think the extra money for the NYE ticket would mean an extra set especially since thats how its been in the past
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74345 2 years, 11 months ago
doin_that_rag wrote:
i think the extra money for the NYE ticket would mean an extra set especially since thats how its been in the past

those were my initial thoughts but at the same time the production costs for the parade/ceremony are going to be an added expense for that night, i truly hope we get 3 sets on NYE, it only seems fitting
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#74348 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
doin_that_rag wrote:

those were my initial thoughts but at the same time the production costs for the parade/ceremony are going to be an added expense for that night, i truly hope we get 3 sets on NYE, it only seems fitting

also very true but one would think if they were only doing 2 sets they would start the show a little bit later than normal so they could play into 2012 when the ball drops cause if it starts at 7:30 they would barely make midnight even with a parade
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
volare
Senior Boarder

#74355 2 years, 11 months ago
^^^^^^ what he said....the timing just doesn't work out for two sets. well, that is, unless they did a three hour first set
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dire Wolf
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#74360 2 years, 11 months ago
I thought three sets was pretty much implied. hasn't it always been three sets on new years?
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74530 2 years, 11 months ago
I do remember it being advertised as three sets last year. Dunno about 2009. But I'm really hoping for the three sets because this is one of the main reasons I'm going. I've always wanted to see a three set show. The closest I got to was The Dead in 2009 at Rothbury. It was only two sets but at least over 4 hours of playing! It was amazing! It kept going and going. I loved it!

But with them not advertising maybe it could just be wishful thinking. If it's not going to be three sets (which I kinda doubt) then I really hope they bring some special guest out! Or three sets and special guest! Who am i kidding just keep playing til the sun comes up! O man I just really hope this is one of the best Furthur New Years to date!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74551 2 years, 11 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
I do remember it being advertised as three sets last year. Dunno about 2009. But I'm really hoping for the three sets because this is one of the main reasons I'm going. I've always wanted to see a three set show. The closest I got to was The Dead in 2009 at Rothbury. It was only two sets but at least over 4 hours of playing! It was amazing! It kept going and going. I loved it!

But with them not advertising maybe it could just be wishful thinking. If it's not going to be three sets (which I kinda doubt) then I really hope they bring some special guest out! Or three sets and special guest! Who am i kidding just keep playing til the sun comes up! O man I just really hope this is one of the best Furthur New Years to date!

furthur festival was nice in those regards, 3 sets both main nights

but very ironic this topic comes up i was just reminiscing about the 2003 dead shows at jones beach was anybody else there? im pretty sure they played 3 sets both nights, weren't they rescheduled too?
Chester
More or less in line

#74556 2 years, 11 months ago
Seems like a traditional thing. I hope they do.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds