• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Here's a sensitive quest: Furthur or DSO?

#7510 3 years, 5 months ago
Furthur,PL&F,Ratdog,TOO and the Dead would all get my money over DSO but, DSO is a great band in their own right.
Nelson Ledges host's a huge DSO gathering every summer and it's always a blast .
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
equixt
Fresh Boarder

#7550 3 years, 5 months ago
neverstop66 wrote:
Ill catch DSO when they come to town, but would you drive 5 hours or fly to Red Rocks for DSO? Nuff said........

I used to fly all over the US to see DSO
but no longer......
terrapinbound
Fresh Boarder

#7556 3 years, 5 months ago
why is this even a debate?

Furthur or stfu!
Fire Scarlet
Fresh Boarder

#7559 3 years, 5 months ago
If you live in SoCal like I do you know that Cubensis is the biggest bang for your buck. But they only play in the LA area mostly.

www.cubensis.com/
GratefulDeadhead
Junior Boarder

#7560 3 years, 5 months ago
Chester wrote:
Yeah, Furthur first, and foremost. DSO is good, and I hope they come around often, but if there was ever a choice
between the two, Furthur wins everytime. : )

my thoughts exactly!
The Juice
Fresh Boarder

#7572 3 years, 5 months ago
Why is this a "sensitive" question?
"Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream..."
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#7632 3 years, 5 months ago
I felt it was a sensitive question because some of my friends are actually DSO fans. It's kind of funny because I posted the same question at DSOs site and most people say they would prefer to see DSO. Personally, I think Furthur rocks more than any other band around today but I also drive far and wide for DSO.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

#7633 3 years, 5 months ago
It would depend on the venue for me. I saw DSO back in 2000 at the old state bridge lodge in Colorado and i prefered that experience over the Furthur shows i saw at the UIC pavillion in Chicago last year. That being said i would prefer the 3 nights at Red Rocks with Furthur that i also saw last year over just about any musical experience. Both bands are great and of course the loyalty to Bobby and Phil comes into play as well.
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
Totem
Visitor

#7662 3 years, 5 months ago
I never cared for DSO. It was never authentic. I saw them once and never returned. I'd rather see original music. I always thought DSO would be a grate wedding band though.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#7666 3 years, 5 months ago
I posed the same question at DSO's site, and you guys should see what they are saying over there. I originally thought of the question because I was surprised to find out that a friend of mine was more of a DSO fan than a Furthur fan...and that is totally cool. I think that I might have angered some people over there. I certainly did not intend to anger anyone. I though that it was an interesting question and thought that some other people might be shocked to find out how many DSO fans would choose them over Furthur. TRULY, I believe that it is the music of the Grateful Dead that I love so much and that brings us all together. In the spirit of the dead, I am a silly person and posed that question to be silly. I mean, this is a forum right? Isn't that the purpose of a forum? ANYWAY, I seriously did not mean to be so serious
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#7724 3 years, 5 months ago
As long as Bob and Phil are still "Truckin'", I'll be at that show. My wish???? Bill and Mickey come back into the fold somehow, someway....Just sayin". Miss that full sound.
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
WGJORDAN3
Junior Boarder

#7726 3 years, 5 months ago
FURTHUR.
"TAKE MY ADVICE, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF DEAD."
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds