• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

WNY (BUFFALO) folks!!

#74279 2 years, 11 months ago
next friday october 28th my band "workingman's dead" will be playing at DBGB's on allen/elmwood in downtown buffalo...10pm-2am, 3 sets 1 acoustic 2 electric
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

Re: WNY (BUFFALO) folks!!

#74352 2 years, 11 months ago
oh i would have been up for that - but i will be in VEGAS partying my ass off! have fun kiddo !!!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#75389 2 years, 11 months ago
bump

anyone in the area come on out!
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77287 2 years, 11 months ago
TONIGHT!
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#77293 2 years, 11 months ago
You guys ever play in Rochester? Probably check you guys out after Buff Furthur.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77298 2 years, 11 months ago
GENTLEJACKJONES wrote:
You guys ever play in Rochester? Probably check you guys out after Buff Furthur.

not sure, i am a recent member of the group. something i am personally working on though. do you know any dead friendly venues to look into? would like to book a weekend of shows out of our buffalo region..any ideas from anyone are greatly appreciated
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#77304 2 years, 11 months ago
Wish it was closer I'd absolutely check you guys out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
GENTLEJACKJONES
Junior Boarder
Hmmmmmmmmmm

#77309 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
GENTLEJACKJONES wrote:

not sure, i am a recent member of the group. something i am personally working on though. do you know any dead friendly venues to look into? would like to book a weekend of shows out of our buffalo region..any ideas from anyone are greatly appreciated

Waterstreet Music Hall, Abilene, Lovin' Cup, Johnny's Irish Pub, Village Rock Cafe [East Rochester], and the Dr's Inn are all places I've seen dead cover bands in Rochester. Waterstreet is pretty big [cap. 1,000+], but they do have a "club side" which is just a smaller room and stage than the Music Hall. It does have it's own bar and can run a show while another band is playing on the music hall side. All of the others are decent bars with a dead friendly clientele. My personal favorites are Lovin' Cup and Johnny's Irish Pub. Maybe try to hook up with The Park Avenue Band, Family Dawgz or the Druids. These are our local dead cover bands. Once again, my personal favorite here is the Park Avenue Band. Why you say....Fuckin Johnny Rocket on guitar....that's why! Bring your band to Roch...you won't be disappointed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#77585 2 years, 11 months ago
thanks to anybody who c ame out to the gig last night, it was a blast...awesome crowd energy to fuel the entire thing....after talking with the band and the owner of the joint, we all just wanted to let you know how excited we are for the furthur afterparty in buffalo..make sure to swing by it's DBGB's at allen st/elmwood/wadsworth...WE LOVE YOU
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds