• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Sharicee
Junior Boarder
Love you all!

Re: Does anyone miss Drums>Space ?

#74433 2 years, 10 months ago
I loved Drums n Space, I always felt a strong connection to the music during that time since most people sat down or went to the lobby. It always made those huge arena shows feel more intimate when you would look around and there were only a handful of people dancing in any section. Jerry on stage during Space was the best!!!!
Too pat to open and too cool to bluff...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gr8fullBear
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#74463 2 years, 10 months ago
I don't really think I'd like drums/space at Furthur, but the older I get the more I like to listen to those segments of GD shows. 30 years into this thing, I've heard every song a zillion times, but every drums/space is different. I like figuring out who's doing what during the space segments.
Without love day to day insanity's king
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74467 2 years, 10 months ago
scar1et_f1re wrote:

I would love to see John play with the MIDI the way Jerry used to. Set it up so the guitar sounds like a saxophone, horn or anything else used to be a lot of fun.

john does have a MIDI s etup he uses--one of the most obvious being the flute tone he uses during that lady with a fan extended solo the GD never did. he just doesnt use it in the sense of an exploratory space because they rarely go to that territory...he actually incorporates the tones into his normal playing, both during solos as well as during a regular verse...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74469 2 years, 10 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
I don't really think I'd like drums/space at Furthur, but the older I get the more I like to listen to those segments of GD shows. 30 years into this thing, I've heard every song a zillion times, but every drums/space is different. I like figuring out who's doing what during the space segments.

any DVD's from the 80s/90s will give you a little bit of insight into that, although on most of them the picture gets all tripped out during the drums/space, and i am fairly certain it is the DVD not me
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds