• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
volare
Senior Boarder

The Bohemian Club

#74183 3 years ago
So, on Bob's birthday I happened to read his biography on Wikipedia and came across the assertion that he is a member of something called the "Bohemian Club." I had no idea what it was, so a quick google and I found that the Bohemian Club is a conservative, elitist fraternity, which holds a two week camp every year for the world's most powerful men called the Bohemian Grove.

From the Sonoma County Free Press:

What activities take place at the grove? The grove is the site of a two week retreat every July. At these retreats, the members commune with nature in a truly original way. They drink heavily from morning through the night, bask in their freedom to urinate on the redwoods, and perform pagan rituals (including the "Cremation of Care", in which the members wearing red-hooded robes, cremate a coffin effigy of "Dull Care" at the base of a 40 foot owl altar). Some (20%) engage in homosexual activity. They watch (and participate in) plays and comedy shows in which women are portrayed by male actors. Although women are not allowed in the Grove, members often leave at night to enjoy the company of the many prostitutes who come from around the world for this event. Is any of this hard to believe? Employees of the Grove have said that no verbal description can accurately portray the bizarre behavior of the Grove's inhabitants.

Besides this type of merriment. the annual gathering serves as an informational clearing house for the elite. The most powerful men in the country do their "networking" here, despite the Grove's motto "weaving spiders come not here" (don't do business in the Grove). At these gatherings men representing the government, military-industrial, and financial sectors meet and make major policy decisions. The Manhattan project, which produced the first atomic bombs, was conceived at the Grove in 1942. Other decisions made at the Grove include who our presidential candidates will be. There are speeches, known as "Lakeside Talks", wherein high-ranking officials disseminate information which is not available to the public-at-large.

It seems so out of context with my pre-conceived notion of Bob that he would participate in something like this, especially with other members being George Bush (Jr. and Sr.) and other various right-wingers from the military-industrial complex.....

Is this just a smear job on Bob or could it be accurate?
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by volare.
splatter_face
Platinum Boarder

Re: The Bohemian Club

#74191 3 years ago
Bob Weir is a very wealthy man
.....nine mile skid on a ten mile ride
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74192 3 years ago
I have no idea! But I did google Bob Weir and Bohemian Club and got this...

portland.indymedia.org/en/2004/07/292888.shtml
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#74261 3 years ago
the bo's are a frat.order. they do have members of both political parties. the idea of mr.bob weir being in the same club as these guys, dosnt make me questions bobs morals, sometimes you have to change the system from withn, and i for one am glad that mr. weir is there to make a point of two when the other more right wing members discuss world domination(joke).
seriously, i dnt agree with the redwood cutting in sanoma, and im sure bob dont either, he lives closer than i do, but, he like us all are just pawns in the game. well maybe bobs a knight by now, jerry is def. a king, and ive illuminated about enough.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

#74313 3 years ago
new world order gets all the shows!
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#74315 3 years ago
I wonder if the have to jack off in a coffin like Skull And Bones.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#74320 3 years ago
When I was in college in the 70s, most of my friends were flat out freaks. But some of them were extremely bright and 30 years later, have done extremely well in business. Some of them are quite rich but have they sold out? Not really. They were good people with integrity back then and they still are. They've just found a way to make the system work for them on their terms. And naturally they come in contact with other people who've done well. It's just part of doing business. It doesn't mean they want to put up a bunch of nuclear plants or start drilling in national parks. But if you've made real money -- like everyone in the Dead -- you can't just stuff it in a matress. And some people who might be into raping the environment can still give you sound financial advice.

The point is, at 53, I'm nowhere near as surprised by this as I might be if I was, say, 19. So long as Bobby doesn't start defending the Tea Party -- and his political activism is admirably consistent -- this connection doesn't concern me at all.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
tumbleweed
Junior Boarder

#74371 3 years ago
Whether it's true or not, Wikipedia entries are neither fact checked nor edited for relevance. I'm guessing whoever added the Bohemian content, info that at face value is contextually contradictive to the man who organized The Dead for Obama fundraiser, meant for this bit of trivia to be inflammatory. I don't see how it otherwise adds value to anyone.
this is the season of what now
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#74377 3 years ago
I won't worry until Bobby joins the Bilderberg Society
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecojaded
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#74381 3 years ago
You'll really worry when he joins Black Label Society.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds