• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

Re: Craziness in Zanesville

#74213 2 years, 11 months ago
thats messed up i can see why they had to shoot someof them they dont have that mant tranq guns but such a tragedy,what i want toknow is 1 how the hell was this guy allowed to collect so many dangerous animals,2 how the hell does a monkey get herpes ,did the owner have herpes?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#74214 2 years, 11 months ago
But even if you tranquilized them, there's still the issue of where to house them. We have got to ban the breeding, importation and private ownership of exotic animals, including in circuses and animal parks. Frankly, I'm for limiting this country to a few very heavily regulated, well designed and research-focused zoo facilities. There's just no reason, in an age of web cams, to rationalize having the number of poorly run and maintained zoos we have just for tourism or a misguided attempt at education. Wild animals aren't made to live in captivity, IMHO.

Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by SunshineSue.
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#74220 2 years, 11 months ago
Yes, I agree essentially with what you're saying Sue;however, I was specifically wondering why the police didn't use tranquilizer guns on the "escapees".
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#74224 2 years, 11 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
Yes, I agree essentially with what you're saying Sue;however, I was specifically wondering why the police didn't use tranquilizer guns on the "escapees".

I'm thinking that one reason may have been even if they had, or had been able to, that there was no facility that would accept that number of animals, especially the big cats, and they couldn't be returned to the place where they escaped from. We have a friend that works at a big cat rescue facility in Texas, and placement is a real problem for unwanted and/or abused large animals. To be humane, they need a lot of well secured space and that's hard to do, as well as limits the number of animals even the most willing rescue facility can take. It would be better to not have them imported or bred in the first place, but some people feel they have a right to make money off of other living creatures, sadly.

http://www.bigcat.org/
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer
PMoondancer
Platinum Boarder

#74232 2 years, 11 months ago
Yeah.

Still seems it could have been done more in a more humane manner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, SunshineSue, deadontherivet
Chester
More or less in line

#74233 2 years, 11 months ago
PMoondancer wrote:
Yeah.

Still seems it could have been done more in a more humane manner.

I agree. But sadly, I don't think it could have. I also agree that these kinds of "farms", have to be outlawed.

Sorry. Wrong emoticon.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , SunshineSue
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#74249 2 years, 11 months ago
paige i think it wasamatterofsafety i read the article andwhat the sherrif said was he didnt want the animals to scape furthur.just imagine oneof those big cats mauled a kid people would want the sherrif fired i do agree its tragic that they killed them but i think time was of the essence ,sad such beautiful animals had to be killed
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: PMoondancer , scar1et_f1re
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#74272 2 years, 11 months ago
Has anybody seen the Platypus!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#74285 2 years, 11 months ago
83msg1sttyme wrote:
thats messed up i can see why they had to shoot someof them they dont have that mant tranq guns but such a tragedy,what i want toknow is 1 how the hell was this guy allowed to collect so many dangerous animals,2 how the hell does a monkey get herpes ,did the owner have herpes?

im pretty sure herpes is not any uncommon disease in primates, especially monkeys it spreads like anything else doesnt necessarily mean the owner was taking Bubbles to bed
captaintony
Platinum Boarder

#74332 2 years, 11 months ago
If I read right and this is from so many different sources, I actually saw the headlines - Town terrorized by escaped animals, is that Ohio's previous governor enacted a law that would ban private ownership of these types of animals. Their latest Governor Kasivich or however you spell it decided to lift this ban so it wouldn't effect new businesses like these private zoos and such. How this person could afford to buy 18 Bengal Tigers is beyond me. He had been warned at least thirty different times to clean up this area. He actually served time for cruelty to animals also.
Now, here's a question to all the hunters - they shot at least 48 animals right? Do you think they were still in the same area together or did they actually have to hunt them down? You see, I've had my run ins with Zanesville police back in my college days, looonnnng stories which involved me being charged as well as two other drunken buddies for what was actually explained to me - for being drunk and stupid. I was running around like a matador with nothing but bed sheet and shorts on. I was marched downtown with nothing but shorts on in 10 degree weather, stripped down and paraded around the police station, I guess that was supposed to humilate me, hell I could have cared less about my shortcomings. Anyway, they threw us in the jail cell with Charles Manson, we became friends with the guy and spent the night singing Roxanne out loud until the guards told us to shut the hell up.
So my point is, I remember these officers being idiots, and overreacting to the whole thing, probably out of frustration and just plain hatred toward college folks. So do you think they just went overboard and such cause this was excitement for an other wise boring night.
As for tranquilizers, they said they tried them but all it did was make the Bengals agitated. Probably cause they nicked him, I'm sure these guys need to get their stories together quick.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds