• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

Warren Haynes Band

#74074 2 years, 9 months ago
We're going to see Warren Haynes Band tonight in St Paul MN should be an awesome time and I will deffinately post a review of the whole event tomorrow. As many of you know it was my birthday on Sunday, today is my oldest son's bday (he'll be 11) he has absolutely no clue that we're going to be picking him up from schol and heading up! He will be so stoked, I figure that this wil get him warmd up for Furthur next month! Hard to believe that 11 years ago today I received the best late birthday present a man can get!
The voices tell me what to say
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, kmoffat, wngfan, 23atwell, mcolleen
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Warren Haynes Band

#74077 2 years, 9 months ago
What a great treat for all of you- enjoy! I really like what Warren was doing with this band over the summer, should be a great show!
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#74079 2 years, 9 months ago
Happy belated Bday. I'm a Libra too.

I saw the Warren Haynes Band here in Montreal last month. Was a really good show in a nice small intimate venue. It's alot different than his other projects. Alot funkier and jazzier. As long as you don't expect a whole bunch of Allman and Mule songs, you should not be dissappointed at all.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#74111 2 years, 9 months ago
He'll be in Reno next Friday at the Grand Sierra, can't wait!!
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#74116 2 years, 9 months ago
Funky, you are going to have a real good time tonight!!! This band rocks! They got so much soul! And not to mention I just love the horns he has in the group!

I got to check them out back in May when they came thru town...during set break I had to go to the merchandise booth and buy the cd because I was loving it sooooo much!!! Still wishing he'd come back!!!

Have a wonderful time and please do tell us about your experience.

O BTW your son is really lucky to have a dad like you!!! Bringing him to all these shows. I'm sure he appreciates it now but many years down the road he's going to be so glad he got to see the music he did!!!
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#74409 2 years, 9 months ago
Looking forward to your show review, Funky. I am checking out Warren's latest band on Monday night!

And Hippy Belated Birthday - congrats on another successful journey around the sun!
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by amusingdeva.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#74481 2 years, 9 months ago
Wow what an amazing show last night! First and foremost the look on Forrest's (my son) face when we pulled up to the venue and he found out that we were going to see Warren...PRICELESS. I bought him a bunch of merch including a super cool leather guitar strap with a quadose logo on it. He played most of the songs from his new album but there were a few real special tunes that he busted out second set that really made the whole night for me including a Pacthwork Quilt set II opener, another one was Listen to the Lions which I first heard in Jamaica the first year. The Encore was super cool too Purple Rain tease> Soulshine> Purple Rain outro absolutely amazing.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, amusingdeva, Island Head
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#74490 2 years, 9 months ago
Great way to spend a birthday, hope you guys had a great time. Cool bumping into you folks last night.

Great show!!! Very jazzy!!!!! Very enjoyable!!!!!
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
funky420
Platinum Boarder

#74493 2 years, 9 months ago
ecojaded wrote:
Great way to spend a birthday, hope you guys had a great time. Cool bumping into you folks last night.

Great show!!! Very jazzy!!!!! Very enjoyable!!!!!

we asll had a blast! we'll see ya in Madtown next month.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74497 2 years, 9 months ago
happy belated birthday funky...it is great you are getting a chance to see the WHB, i have not, but i've heard so much about them...i believe they are coming to geneva, NY which is only about 2 hours from me, in which case i'd most likely go check it out..what is even better is you can enjoy the show with your child, lucky kid to be surrounded by such great music at that age

furthur flower's statement holds up with what everyone tells me...this band has SOUL
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds