• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

So what r we Northeastnrs todo til Furthur returns

#7393 3 years, 4 months ago
I live in New York City. So, I am tempted to try and road trip to South Caroline to see the next Furhtur show in Charleston, but even if I make it to that, we got a long strip of time when Furthur is down south and then out west, so what do YOU do when they are away? I usually get my dead fixes with Wigjam and Reflections. They are both great great dead-cover bands, although Reflections does a lot of JGB tunes. Then we also have Dark Star Orchestra who some actually prefer over Furthur. But even they are in the west now. I also like the band Splintered Sunlight. They play down near Maryland and Pennsylvania, but I am alwyas willing to drive 3/4 hours to hear this music. In fact, I am going to see them soon and I am stuck in a dilemma between seeing them on April 9 or staying here to see Reflections at Mexical Live. Actually, I have a break this weekend and my calendar is filled with dead shows until June. But I am still interested in hearing what others do to control their addiction to the dead.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: So what r we Northeastnrs todo til Furthur returns

#7395 3 years, 4 months ago
Give some local music a try. There's so much music waiting to be discovered. : )
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#7400 3 years, 4 months ago
DSO will be out on long island 5/5, and they have a festival theyre hosting upstate bout an hour away, called the mighty high festival on 5/20-22.
Lynx
Visitor

#7402 3 years, 4 months ago
Cornmeal tomorrow night (Saturday) at Higher Ground in Burlington, VT.
Chester
More or less in line

#7403 3 years, 4 months ago
Festival season starts soon. There's something to look forward to.
BlueLightRain
Junior Boarder

#7404 3 years, 4 months ago
NRPS are touring too, playing BB Kings in may. Always worth seeing Nelson!
mattgill
Junior Boarder
Atleast I'm enjoying the ride.

#7406 3 years, 4 months ago
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#7414 3 years, 4 months ago
I am definitely going to the Mighty High Festival as well as the Gathering of the Vibes. Are there any others? I think Wigjam is playing the Bear's Picnic!? I usually goto as many local bands as I can, but why am I the only one dosed? LOL !!! I mean it's good when listening to Furthur, but it is also good listening to anyone else who plays the dead. Here are some worthwhile shows that I hope all fellow dead heads in the area make:
-4/9 Splintered Sunlight @ 8X10 in Maryland (Anyone want to join me? If you need a ride, I'm road tripping from NYC)
-4/16 Splintered Sunlight @ Triumph Brewing Co. , New Hope Pennsylvania (same as above)
-4/29 Dark Star Orchestra at Irving Plaza - Irving Plaza is a great place to dance and I am psyched. I better see everyone of you out there!
4/30 Reflections @ Pennings Farm, in New York.

If you are going to any of these, let me know. Also, if you need a ride, get on board.
Chester
More or less in line

#7419 3 years, 4 months ago
I don't know if your into the big fests's, but Mountain jam is the first weekend in June. Hunter Mt. isn't that far from NYC.
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#7431 3 years, 4 months ago
Wow, never heard of that one. I love skiing Hunter. Is there a website? Is it predominantly dead music?
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds