• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: has furthur lost their consistency?

#74199 2 years, 11 months ago
I heard the rumors too, and I will say there were times he seemed to be having some trouble. And it did seem like
some nights, JK was singing more than usual. He was noticably weak for the first set of Vegas. It seemed to me, there
was almost no passion in his voice on some lyrics. But by the second set he sounded better.
Hoping he's doing well. (((((((Bobby)))))))
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#74215 2 years, 11 months ago
he could have strained his throat or vocalchords and with no resthes damaging them some rest tea with honey andhell be fine,the rationalbehind the 1 and done isto try and stop the fans traveling from show to show and having a replay of the late 90's although not sure if thats needed since there are alot less fans now IMO
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#74225 2 years, 11 months ago
Yea but who's twisting there arm to tour . We all know its not for the $. Its what they love to do. So im sure there big enough to make there own decisions. I think we all like to speculate what's going on. I LOVE FURTHUR.
GOOD LOVE
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74276 2 years, 11 months ago
brokenarrow wrote:
Yea but who's twisting there arm to tour . We all know its not for the $. Its what they love to do. So im sure there big enough to make there own decisions. I think we all like to speculate what's going on. I LOVE FURTHUR.

how sure are you that their tours and plans don't revolve around a monetary aspect...they've got posterity they think about, bob's got a studio, phil's in the works of venue...if you don't think money is an incentive for them to tour, especially heavily in the NE, you may want to reanalyze...do they love what they do? absolutely...but if money was no issue their tickets would be a lot cheaper and they'd be playing all over the place
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
ShakedownSteve
Senior Boarder
Don't Harsh My Mellow

#74307 2 years, 11 months ago
Jerry threw Phil down a flight of stairs?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#74310 2 years, 11 months ago
its snippit from an anecdote from jerry from the sixties apparently phil got too high to play and refused/couldnt so jerry told him to play damnit and pushed him down some stairs. phil said it was the one time he saw that side of jerry and it scared him!! so he;s always played since...

its in long strange trip, and garcia i think
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Dire Wolf.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#74329 2 years, 11 months ago
Furthur is on a very high level of consistency, even when its not killer, its still damn good. Obviously much more consistent then anything the GD were able to do in the 90's. Jerry's voice had major issues regularly and often forgot where he was mid song, Im not sure he ever got Days Between totally right lyrically but we still supported him and his music. Furthur delivers as if they were all 30 year olds again, if this was baseball I would wonder if they were using performance enhancing drugs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
Tmglf2
Platinum Boarder
Without love in a dream, it will never come true.

#74330 2 years, 11 months ago
ShakedownSteve wrote:

I believe the story is that after a carousel ballroom show, Jerry was upset about the quality of the performance and threw Phil down a flight of stairs in his anger. He said he later listened to recording of the show and found it to be good enough to use tracks for an album.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74336 2 years, 11 months ago
Tmglf2 wrote:
ShakedownSteve wrote:

I believe the story is that after a carousel ballroom show, Jerry was upset about the quality of the performance and threw Phil down a flight of stairs in his anger. He said he later listened to recording of the show and found it to be good enough to use tracks for an album.

i am almost positive it was indeed carousel, but if i remember correctly phil kind of stopped playing, and jerry was like don't ever stop playing again damnit! and tossed him...i don't remember what DVD it's on...it is also true afterward jerry eventually found it to be suitable...phil lesh regards this show as one of the best they've ever played
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#74339 2 years, 11 months ago
otherone78 wrote:
Furthur is on a very high level of consistency, even when its not killer, its still damn good. Obviously much more consistent then anything the GD were able to do in the 90's. Jerry's voice had major issues regularly and often forgot where he was mid song, Im not sure he ever got Days Between totally right lyrically but we still supported him and his music. Furthur delivers as if they were all 30 year olds again, if this was baseball I would wonder if they were using performance enhancing drugs.

finally there we go somebody hit something i am surprised was never mentioned...how inconsistent the grateful dead could be...being one who never saw but listened to entire years in chronological order, you can hear it on the tapes..sure there are exceptions but to say furthur is more consistent than the grateful dead says that furthur was or is consistent
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds