• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

has furthur lost their consistency?

#73728 2 years, 6 months ago
just a personal observation throughout the entire west coast tour...they didn't seem to have that consistency i've seen with this band on previous tours like the spring 2011, nov 2010...

i think the band may be overdoing it with the heavy tour schedules...yeah only a couple weeks on the road but 2-3 nights off for the entire tour is just crazy
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

Re: has furthur lost their consistency?

#73742 2 years, 6 months ago
I agree with what your saying. But I think it will come back after some resting. I believe!
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#73746 2 years, 6 months ago
that was the vibe and hope for westie and they started strong that 3rd night of eugene being the only real stinker in the first half in my opinion but after red rocks they lost steam, reviving a little bit in LA and monterey but it was too up and down

too many "what the fuck are they doing" moments
BigBabyViper
Junior Boarder

#73749 2 years, 6 months ago
yeah the first night in eugene seemed to take the "umph" out of the rest of that run first night was powerful but second and third kinda seemed like they were tryin to play catch up
It never got weird enough for me -Hunter S.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#73751 2 years, 6 months ago
They really have had an intense schedule. It's probably also hard to be consistent when you've only been playing all together for a very few years.
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

#73755 2 years, 6 months ago
I never thought that furthur was very consistent. I've seen them play some great shows when they're on, but sometimes it just doesn't work. They're professionals and they go with it, but some shows just seem mediocre in comparison to what they are capable of. Some areas (NYC) get more high quality furhur, Phil wrote in his book about how the city has always brought out the best from the band. Eugene looks like another place where they consistently throw it down. Otherwise I just try and pick the coolest looking venues on the tour, and hope the vibe of the venue will pump up the band. They should probably plan more leisurely tours with a few more nights off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
Chester
More or less in line

#73758 2 years, 6 months ago
They've never been terribly consistent. Everybody has off nights. More so as you get older.
As long as they can still wow me with those occasional amazing magical moments, I'm good.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bokb, Roadtripper
Smiley from Texas
Senior Boarder

#73762 2 years, 6 months ago
I actually thought the boys took the music really furthur this tour and were trying lots of new things.

I would say that furthur really worked on there jamming part alot and where exploring new things with that and thats why i think you thinkl they are off.

I actually think the boys took the music alot furthur and jammed alot more this tour and i loved it alot
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#73764 2 years, 6 months ago
interesting viewpoints, from my experience they were pretty consistent during the spring, and when they were good....they were REALLY good...but without a doubt this past tour had some home runs, zoo town, WVC was great, last night RR..

hopefully they aren't too busy with rehearsals (which i hope are going down) to miss out on good rest...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#73766 2 years, 6 months ago
Where I see them making the most growth, and they do show consistency, is the jams inbetween songs.
Mostly in the second set, but getting very nice. JK is shining brightly in there.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds