• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

got my Christmas Jam tickets!

#73573 2 years, 9 months ago
well I had my brother get them anyway while I was at work - who else is going?

is the whole place GA and anyone know what the set up is (partial seating, all GA standing room only ect.)?

from the reviews I've heard it sounds like a long time to be standing but that dosn't really matter to me, ill sit right down on the floor if I want during any breaks
Chester
More or less in line

Re: got my Christmas Jam tickets!

#73587 2 years, 9 months ago
Congrats! You sure do get around. I would love to check this out, but too far for me.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
amusingdeva
Platinum Boarder

#73594 2 years, 9 months ago
Me too! Although similar story, someone else actually did the getting, I just get to go!

All GA unless you got the extra special (aka extra expensive) VIP tickets. Get there early if you plan to ever sit down during this marathon event as the balcony seating fills up fast and with Phil & Friends there this year, it may be even more crowded.

Hope it does not snow!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan
jaredlang
Platinum Boarder

#73599 2 years, 9 months ago
Good for you Mushy. Sounds like a hell of a show.
How far is the drive for you? I guess if you couldn't make it to NYE, this is good too.
Standing on the moon with nothing left to do
A lovely view of heaven but I'd rather be with you
bokb
Senior Boarder
Be, okay? Be.

#73602 2 years, 9 months ago
Mad props to anyone who gets tix for the Christmas Jam!

I've lived in Asheville for almost 15 yrs. and have yet to make it! I've either been out of town or working on that night (the local economy is tourist-dependant). And I got shut out the handful of times I've attempted..... This year I'm just too broke.

By all accounts, it is a grueling evening that leaves some folks just plain exhausted and jammed-out. The civic center is all seating, and I understand that it's very loosely reserved cuz it's such a long night and people like to roam around. Check out some of the local brews (Asheville is THE microbrew capital!) and just pace yourself. It is a guaranteed night to remember!!!
If unable to dance, I'll crawl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MushroomMan, amusingdeva
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#73607 2 years, 9 months ago
jaredlang wrote:
Good for you Mushy. Sounds like a hell of a show.
How far is the drive for you? I guess if you couldn't make it to NYE, this is good too.

according to mapquest its about 13 hours and 8 minutes, I'll be leaving friday after work and would like to get halfway before stopping at a rest stop for some sleep. I don't think I'll sleep to long considering all the NoDoz i will probably have taken, If I have to ill stop at a couple seperate stops for some rest. When I do a lot of caffine I usually sleep 4-5 hours then I'm wide awake so I think ill make good time.

I really wanted to do NYE but I don't trust taking my truck that far and I don't have the money now anyway weather I drive or take a plan, I'd need a hotel and everything ...... its my goal after this year to not miss another NYE or any Red Rocks shows and most likely I'll have to fly out solo for those - enless my brother gets a job and has some time off work (no offense to him obviously) - or if I end up with a bunch of extra money ill probably just fly us both out....
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by MushroomMan. Reason: wish it was 3 hours.....
funky420
Platinum Boarder
If you stumble, make it part of the dance.

#73643 2 years, 9 months ago
sounds like a great time. I would love to make it but.... I'm doin NYE ad I'll get my Mule fix in Jamaica!!!!
The voices tell me what to say
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#73796 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey Now! Good for you Brah. Tried the internet pre, but it sold out in like seconds. Some folks have figured out how to do pre-sale, pre-sale I think! So, mail order hand wringing it is for a awhile..pleez! The mail oder NY ticks were 90 bucks per! What's the 15 extra dollars for the comemorative ticket thing?
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#73802 2 years, 9 months ago
I think you think I'm talking about NYE but I'm talking about the Warren Haynes Christmas Jam dec. 10th in Norh carolina featuring Phil Lesh and Friends. either that or im just really stoned and dont know what your talking about
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#73810 2 years, 9 months ago
argh..sorry. Long day! Hey, good on ya anyway Brah! Warren rocks! Got to see Mule when they first started out with Woody and whoa, they kicked! That first drummer was insane! Enjoy!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds