• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
dead_in_ky
Junior Boarder

Re: How Old and in the Way is Everybody?

#73902 3 years ago
42. Born in '68. First show was 7/6/90, although had been listening to them for a few years prior. I was immediately hooked after first show and was able to see about 80 GD and JGB shows until last one on 7/2/95. The last show experience left me a little jaded, but I broke out my rockin' shoes for the Other Ones in 98, Phil in 99, a Ratdog or two. The dead in 02, and 03. That being said, I have seen Furthur once, and was blown away. Really lookinf forward to Cbus and Indy.
Right now, I can't read too well...
Dr. Stupid
Fresh Boarder

#74041 3 years ago
I'm 47...1st show at radio city in 1980...
shakedownst
Junior Boarder

#74221 3 years ago
I'm 35. First GD show in Boston in 1993. Last one in Aug. 1994 (after horrible Giant's stadium shows, just decided it was over...I was right and wrong and missed some good shows Fall 1994). Been seeing every incarnation since then (well, only saw Ratdog 2x; I'm more of a Phil gal ). Tons of P&F.. after The Other Ones, etc. etc. Then of course, The Dead, and for the past few years, Furthur. Even got to meet Phil this fall, which was an extra special treat. Yep, I'll keep at it until it's no longer an option...
Bazza99
Junior Boarder

#74306 3 years ago
Hello, 49 and getting old!! I got start at boarding school (Kimball Union) in the late 70's, met some cool Dead Heads at school and the Dead came to Dartmouth College May 5th 1978, There is no way I could count all the shows but some of my favorite places to see them were the old Boston Garden, Red Rocks Henry J Kaiser in Oakland, Cal Expo almost every year in May, and the Greek in Berkeley. I also saw them at Boreal Ski Ranch the only time they played there and a few Day on the Greens in Oakland.
After boarding school I moved out to the Bay Area and saw most of my shows on the West Coast. I saw JGB at The Stone in Berkeley a ton, what a great dive bar!! Who remembers The Stone? I could be wrong but that place held about 150 people max and the cool thing was back then you could just walk up and get a ticket!! Seeing Jerry play in such a small bar was awesome!! Also saw Bobby's band play at the Stone too!!
I've seen all the combinations over the years, Furthur is great and I'm so glad they do a NYE run every year!! Three shows this year!! Just got back from Red Rocks and Vegas and I've got my NYE tickets already!! I really enjoyed Furthur Fest a few years ago too!! Enjoyed Ratdog a few years ago at High Sierra Music Fest and also at some of the smaller places they played.
Wish I still had all my ticket stubs!!
Some old pictures, one from Boreal (Tahoe) and the other from the Greek in Berkeley

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: chipster10, Island Head
Estimated Prophet
Junior Boarder

#74322 3 years ago
I'm 38. Went to my first show when I was less than a month old. (Santa Barbara 5-20-1973) and been to over 50 Dead/Furthur shows.
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#74375 3 years ago
53 and still dancing in the streets, perhaps a little more stiffly now. First Dead show 8/5/74.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#74407 3 years ago
i have that berkley shot as a poster
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#74410 3 years ago
48 years old here, first show was in college in the early '80's ('82 I believe). I have to thank / blame my college buddies for my addiction. I got on the bus full time in '85 seeing as many shows as possible within a reasonable driving range (anything less than 8 hours away, or a bit farther if I am going with a buddy).

I've always kept a full time professional job so I need to walk the line between the real world and the freaky underworld of the dead. In my heart, I am always on tour.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: amusingdeva
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds