• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

Re: 22 years ago today- Night one Philly Earthquake sh

#74013 2 years, 11 months ago
October '89 was one of the favorite months of my life. Those Hampton shows with my VA Beach crew, the 5 days stretch at the Brendan Byrne capped with the Bobby bday show, those awesome Spectrum shows. Charlotte and Miami were a bit of a let down but it was fun nonetheless. Some moron ran into the back of us stopped at a red light in Miami, crunched the trunk of the car so we couldn't get anything out of the trunk.

We were pretty ripe by the time we made it back to NY.
All You Need
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Irrenarzt.
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

#74014 2 years, 11 months ago
Whoops, sorry for the double post as I was attempting to edit. To end, even though we got smashed into, I still wouldn't change a thing. We lost the rear glass of the car in that wreck but the Stealie sticker held the glass under the sticker intact. I still have it on my workbench to this day...
All You Need
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Irrenarzt.
Walk in the Sunshine
Platinum Boarder

#74024 2 years, 11 months ago
Nice story. October 89 was a blast. Here's a funny story from the WITS files. Today 10-19-89 I wore a shirt my ex bro in law (RIP) gave me. He went to Johns Hopkins and it was a blue shirt with a steelie in the upper left corner with a stethoscope inside it . On the back it read John Hopkins University Grateful Med. FF we are in the show. To much of everything was just enough. I had a little hand held whippet dispenser and between me and my ex took about 20 in... well between that and other various things we were imbibing..we were pretty elated. Set break comes. This guy with a horrified look on his face taps my ex on the shoulder and says.. "He's not a Dr is he?" I wish in retrospect I coulda kept a straight face and said yes I'm a gynecologist... but I didn't.. the ex and i burst into such howling laughter that it could only have been chemically fueled. We then advised him he was safe, I was not a Dr.
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#74033 2 years, 11 months ago
Walk in the Sunshine wrote:
I am going to go out on the preverbial limb and say the fall of 89 is as good as it gets.

Hampton Coliseum, Hampton VA (10/8/89)
Hampton Coliseum, Hampton VA (10/9/89)
Meadowlands Arena (10/11/89)
Meadowlands Arena (10/12/89)
Meadowlands Arena (10/14/89)
Meadowlands Arena (10/15/89)
Meadowlands Arena (10/16/89)
The Spectrum, Philadelphia PA (10/18/89)
The Spectrum, Philadelphia PA (10/19/89)
The Spectrum, Philadelphia PA (10/20/89)

These 10 shows are all excellent. I can be extremely critical and these shows are pristine

wits wrote:
You are correctg sir while my personal preference is anything 1985 all these shows are standouts. It was quite a run. Fortunantly I made 10/14 10/15 10/18 10/19 & 10&20. Unfortunately I missed 10-16... its still an open wound.

I know you love 85. I agree it did have some highlights. Some great ones in fact. Yet there were a few where Jer was walking dead!!!!
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds