• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DL1943
Junior Boarder

Re: Internet pre sale sells out in 10 seconds?????

#73471 2 years, 9 months ago
what is the point of presale tix to a GA show? i can understand going thru presale BS or gdts to get good seats at a reserved show but why not just use ticketmaster when the regulars go on sale, its easier to get em, and they get mailed to you faster.

seems like a no brainer to use ticketmaster over gdts, since its not a 100% thing you get your tickets, and you dont know until AFTER ticketmaster tix go on sale. lame!
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#73474 2 years, 9 months ago
I got two tickets.for each night but ive never had.problems like this with any furthur presale. I blame it on slow internet connections or servers. I go to the library to.get the fastest hardline.connection i.can near me...always seems to work out. Helpa if you just keep nailing that refresh button and click throu gh.the.tickdt.pagsz fast. A little practice and good mouse timing goes along way i found out...any delay whether it be the wrong.date or you need to sign up for an account usually spells doom fod big presales
Delilajones
Junior Boarder

#73481 2 years, 9 months ago
I called Frontgate last Fri-the 14th- was told tix not there yet & would go out "sometime" this week- gnawing on nails!!!!!
"and they kept on dancing---"
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#73499 2 years, 9 months ago
It's not net speed. I have 100 MBS. I used to work for the provider and have the best internet u can get in the STL. The guys on stubhub have their tix already. U can't list if you don't have the tix. How did pthey get them? Good question.

I really wish Furthur would have a system like phish for mail order. U put your info including payment online. They do a random lottery and you know within a week whether you got tickets or not. GDTS is great for nostalgia purposes but I would really like to see them move into the 21st century. For special events like this all tickets could be sold through GDTS if they would upgrade. I wouldn't even mind giving them a service fee. I detest funding ticketmaster or livenation.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Sharicee
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#73500 2 years, 9 months ago
deadontherivet wrote:
I really wish Furthur would have a system like phish for mail order. U put your info including payment online. They do a random lottery and you know within a week whether you got tickets or not. GDTS is great for nostalgia purposes but I would really like to see them move into the 21st century. For special events like this all tickets could be sold through GDTS if they would upgrade. I wouldn't even mind giving them a service fee. I detest funding ticketmaster or livenation.

+1
The following user(s) said Thank You: gvanman, Sharicee, deadontherivet
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#73517 2 years, 9 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
deadontherivet wrote:

+1

And with Phish, you get a free download of the show, with your ticket stub........just sayin'
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#73518 2 years, 9 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
And with Phish, you get a free download of the show, with your ticket stub........just sayin'

Interesting, I didn't know that. Seems like the right thing to do, in this electronic, high ticket price age. I'm really going to have to stop making snide Phish comments!
Chester
More or less in line

#73522 2 years, 9 months ago
I agree it seems suspicious, but if it's a pre-sale, they may have only had a small portion of the tickets.
Did anyone here get any?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Terrapin Sedation
Platinum Boarder
Let your life proceed by its own design

#73523 2 years, 9 months ago
I enjoy Phish, but I'll take a Furthur show over a Phish show anyday....but they are a very fan friendly band (see the festivals they produce) and miles ahead marketing-wise. Shows are available in several formats within a day or two of the concert. And If I had to guess, Phish probably streamed 5 HD shows on pay-per-view this summer alone. I think the cost was about $15.

The difference may be that Phish still has the big organization. I imagine if the Dead were alive and well in this age of technology they would have been doing the same thing. Furthur seems to operate on a lower budget without the staff resources.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#73534 2 years, 9 months ago
Terrapin Sedation wrote:
I enjoy Phish, but I'll take a Furthur show over a Phish show anyday....but they are a very fan friendly band (see the festivals they produce) and miles ahead marketing-wise. Shows are available in several formats within a day or two of the concert. And If I had to guess, Phish probably streamed 5 HD shows on pay-per-view this summer alone. I think the cost was about $15.

The difference may be that Phish still has the big organization. I imagine if the Dead were alive and well in this age of technology they would have been doing the same thing. Furthur seems to operate on a lower budget without the staff resources.

I enjoy Phish as well, but Love the Dead and Furthur. I really don't think setting up computer mail order for pre-sale, and big events (NYE) would be that much for them to handle. It surely has to be less time consuming than going through postcards. I'm about as small as it gets with my business and could do these things if necessary.

Furthur could do the streaming thing as well. They just need to contact the production company Phish uses.lol
I really believe it is a lack of creativity in their marketing team, and management that keep these things from happening. I doubt of the band handles little to any of these daily matters.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds