• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Rmac13
Fresh Boarder

Internet pre sale sells out in 10 seconds?????

#73390 3 years ago
I sign into frontgate tickets at 10:50 central daylight time and selected \"list events\" at 10:59:59 seconds, and the response was \"no events available\". At 11:00:01 second the shows were available for selection and I chose 2 tickets for December 31st and the response was \"we could not locate the number of tickets you requested? How is it possible the entire allotment of tickets for all 3 days could be sold in 1 second? I was told over the phone (1 minute latter) that all 3 days were sold out. It\'s not electronicly possible to sell any number of tickets, no matter how small the amount available, in 1 second??? However, I did find tickets available for these shows on scalper sites and going for twice the value just an hour latter? I won't mention the site cuz I don't want to advertise for them and their outrageous prices; GA $245.00 each for the 31st, Floor $181.00 each for the 31st, and more on other sites as well? So did any furthur fans get tickets through the pre sale??? I was told over the phone with front gate tix sales that all 3 shows sold out in less then 30 seconds??? Something ain't right here???
volare
Senior Boarder

Re: Internet pre sale sells out in 10 seconds?????

#73414 3 years ago
I wonder how many of the tickets advertsied on the scalper site are actually scams, considering that no one has any tickets in hand to sell. One person was even offering electronic delivery of tickets and if I understand the receipt I got for my pre-sale tix yesterday correctly, we will be getting paper tickets in the mail, so an e-ticket would clearly be a scam.

My guess is that scalpers offer tickets which they don't have, make the sale, then simply buy them on Friday at the normal price from ticketmaster and then forward the e-ticket.
The Sailor, coming out again, the lady fairly leapt at him.
That's how it stands today. You decide if he was wise.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#73422 3 years ago
im not going but this smacks of the bad old days boycott the scalpers see what happens.theband should cancel all previously sold tickets anybody who has delt with frontgate or mail order would get first crack at the new tickets issued via email/mail to real fans
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
Ace#11
Junior Boarder

#73423 3 years ago
Frontgate is a scam , I just test my luck with GDTSTOO any more, and if it's meant to be, it is. And with Frontgate why do you have to wait till the last minute to get your tickets in the mail ? It's a presale Frontgate !
sfwharfratluke
Junior Boarder

#73431 3 years ago
everyone i know got shut out. i logged on at 9am PST - and scored 3 tickets for NYE. they gave me 9 minutes to complete my order. however - i had an account with frontgate from previous purchases - and when i tried to log on - they shut me out - sending me an e-mail telling me to wait 30 minutes and try again. i created a different account. i'm guessing they had a very limited number of tickets for the presale - maybe 1500 - or so...the difference going to ticketmaster and gdtstoo.
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#73440 3 years ago
Has anyone gotten an email from Front Gate yet regarding the shipping of their November tour tickets? Manchester is 16 days away, I hope they ship them soon
gvanman
Platinum Boarder

#73452 3 years ago
I was wonderin' the same thing. I did Frontgate for Columbus and have not seen anything. When are we supposed to get them? Had to go with ticketbastard on Chicago and Indy and have had my tickets for at least 2 weeks now.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

#73458 3 years ago
Rmac you listed two different prices for the 31? It's all ga. Floor is also ga. One price for all. I don't get it
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#73459 3 years ago
the thing many of you are neglecting to realize is that the presale is only allotted a certain amount of tickets, once they're gone, they're gone... there will be tons more available thru mail order (hope you sent yours in) and ticketmaster for public onsale this friday-whenever...if you can't plan accordingly to three methods of purchase, shame on you, how much do the shows mean to you? you aren't that busy

if you folks don't like frontgate don't use it, make everyone elses life easier... i had one problem with them i resolved with their corporate manager in minutes, and since then, they've been WONDERFUL to me
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
brokenarrow
Gold Boarder

#73463 3 years ago
Wasn't presale yesterday. I remember back in spring I got my tickets just a week before show. I think they wait till the last minute incase the scalpers did get a bunch if tickets it would be harder to get rid of .
GOOD LOVE
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds