• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
JoniBegonias
Fresh Boarder

virus in site registration confirmation email

#7326 3 years, 3 months ago
Rec'd the following email yesterday from This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . when I clicked on the link I got a w32 blaster worm. If this happens to you, shut your pc down immediately, restart in safe mode, update your virus protection, and run the program. good luck! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO to "Spyware Protection!" to stop the damn thing, that's the virus.

Thank you for joining Furthur. Click below to confirm your subscription to our email list.

Click here to confirm your subscription
bitzer87
Junior Boarder

Re: virus in site registration confirmation email

#7331 3 years, 3 months ago
april fools joke?
irishqueenie
Senior Boarder
let there be songs to fill the air!!!

#7343 3 years, 3 months ago
hope thats your idea of a April Fools Joke!????
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#7346 3 years, 3 months ago
irishqueenie wrote:
hope thats your idea of a April Fools Joke!????

lol furthur owes us free tickets for our troubles

#7356 3 years, 3 months ago
JoniBegonias wrote:
Rec'd the following email yesterday from This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . when I clicked on the link I got a w32 blaster worm. If this happens to you, shut your pc down immediately, restart in safe mode, update your virus protection, and run the program. good luck! DO NOT GIVE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO to "Spyware Protection!" to stop the damn thing, that's the virus.

Thank you for joining Furthur. Click below to confirm your subscription to our email list.

Click here to confirm your subscription

We have scanned our server, not a windows server, and there is no idication this worm is on our machine. A lot of things can trigger the Blaster worm, no necessarily loading a page.

Any other users experience this?
James Hicks
Fresh Boarder

#7371 3 years, 3 months ago
Instead of re-installing windows this time try installing Sabayon Linux. Make your computer work for you and not the other way around! More time enjoying the music less time spent propping up a poor product!
eteacher108
Fresh Boarder

#7417 3 years, 3 months ago
I just went through the process and had no problem.
~bus~
Junior Boarder
videographer/photog for NASA TV at KSC

#7460 3 years, 3 months ago
I did a scan,. Said, not a virus, probably just a simple cold..

yuck yuck yuck
slipknot75
Junior Boarder

#7466 3 years, 3 months ago
I experienced nothing of the sort.

But then I'm smart enough to have the most effective and up to date anti-virus/spyware/adware/malware/rootkit software.

I don't see why in this day and age why anyone would surf even the safest parts of the internet without it.

If I ever do have an intrusion attempt, my "anti-" software immediately notifies me and quarantines the attempt and kills it dead......grateful dead.

I suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

It's the best there is and updates it's virus definitions several times a day and keeps me fully protected in real time.

#7481 3 years, 3 months ago
slipknot75 wrote:
I experienced nothing of the sort.

But then I'm smart enough to have the most effective and up to date anti-virus/spyware/adware/malware/rootkit software.

I don't see why in this day and age why anyone would surf even the safest parts of the internet without it.

If I ever do have an intrusion attempt, my "anti-" software immediately notifies me and quarantines the attempt and kills it dead......grateful dead.

I suggest Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

It's the best there is and updates it's virus definitions several times a day and keeps me fully protected in real time.

Totally agree with this statement, if you don't have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware on a windows machine, get it. Best there is out there.

For those out there that may be looking at this thread and may not want to join the Furthur Forum. We have had a few hundred users sign up today and yesterday. We have not heard of any issues like the one above. It is safe to join:)
Time to create page: 1.99 seconds