• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
23atwell
Platinum Boarder
I love what I love and I want it that way

$90....

#73035 2 years, 9 months ago
Ok it's well worth the money but come on. I feel like there kinda taking advantage of us. Why is that much? What's so different from the others. Don't they know that we spend a lot of money at the show on there souviners. I'm spending money on stuff all the time and then they want us to pay this much. It kinda bugs me.
And I'm going to sit right here until I die
PsychicPyramid
Junior Boarder
HEAVY VIBES

Re: $90....

#73036 2 years, 9 months ago
last year NYE was 65, and the night before was 45..

go figure.. we're being taken for the proverbial ride
Union Pacific, out of Cheyenne, from sea to shining sea
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by PsychicPyramid.
deadontherivet
Expert Boarder

#73043 2 years, 9 months ago
I imagine the production fees are phenomenal. I have a buddy who is a union stagehand and he is spending the month in Europe. They make bank. I think they get around $30 an hour + 2x overtime.
I wish I was the headlight on a northbound train.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#73064 2 years, 9 months ago
will there be 3 sets on NYE?
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#73067 2 years, 9 months ago
Jen there has to be 3 sets. They did in the past. It's worth the money. I just don't get way it has to be more than last year. It feels like they do it cause they know from last years sales that people will pay.
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#73069 2 years, 9 months ago
welcome to the machine...I wish there was some sort of frequent purchaser deal.. like airline miles.. after so many ticket purchases, you get X amount free or X off your next show purchase...
23atwell
Platinum Boarder

#73070 2 years, 9 months ago
Ticketmaster should do something like that. Although when I bought my Monterey tickets they sent be a $20 voucher to another ticket of my choice. But I was extremely difficult and I gave up.
teafortexas
Expert Boarder
Dancin on a pin

#73071 2 years, 9 months ago
$90 is quite steep to say the least. Not to get all 'Economic 101' but it's all supply and demand and more specifically the 'elasticity' of the demand. There are quite a few that will pay even more before the demand falls off the table.

Rich man in his summer home(s).....

Gotta make enough money so that grandkids of grandkids of grandkids will have more money than they will ever hope to spend. Business is business. Wow.
Everybody is either making love...Or else expecting rain
Kind_Head
Junior Boarder

#73073 2 years, 9 months ago
I think its a little bit of both things. Yeah they know people will pay it.. But you gotta take in account their production value. It gets better each year, and the stuff they are using is all TOP of the line. I mean its the PA, the engineers, the stage hands... all the outboard equipment, and not to mention lighting.
The guys mixing their shows are top notch engineers, which require top dollar.
Personally I have never heard a better mix in a live environment. Shit I bet you they have 10s of thousands of dollars put in to just the bands compressors! I know Ive never heard a drum kit sound like Joe's.. and it all has to do with the equipment they use.

90 dollars is way too much for a concert I agree. But most people dont have the slightest clue as to what a production like this costs. Then you add some bullshit like ticketmaster into the mix. I never understood that, the band should just do their own ticketing just like String Cheese does. Im doing 10 nights this Dec. and I payed 45 bucks for every night right on SCI.com. You end up paying an extra 20 bucks on TM and thats if you want the bullshit printoff. I like to collect my hard copies and thats an extra 10 bucks to mail. Its outrageous!!
In the end theres just a song.. Its cryin' down the wind!
gr8fuljen
Expert Boarder

#73075 2 years, 9 months ago
That $90 bucks could also factor into goodies being thrown out to everyone at midnight...
The following user(s) said Thank You: 23atwell
Time to create page: 6.68 seconds