• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

Psychedelic Music

#72800 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey everone post your favorite psy music weather is Anthem of the Sun to Darkside of the Moon. Feel free to go off on a tear about your favorite psychedelic music. List albums, bands, or even music you like triipping to (if your dig it).

My favorite is of course the Good Ole Grateful Dead but im sure everyone will say that so... Ive been really digging Shpongle lately. They got some reall mellow funk to their music and SImon and Raja are gods. Also if yall like flutes and real natural sounds check out the FLooting Grooves they only got 1 Lp but damnnn.

- I would like to promote a fellow psychonaut from shroomery.org. his username is dwpineal(hes a deadhead too:P ) Anyones he makes sick artwork from patches,to blotter paper designs as well as t shirts and pendants.
www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/15225779#15225779 forum thread link

www.kickstarter.com/projects/shamanichar...d-psilocybin-with-us kickstarter to help donate to cause as well as recieve fire designs

ENJOY everyone take this thread whatever direction you so Choose- Dan
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shakeit, skidoo
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

Re: Psychedelic Music

#72809 2 years, 9 months ago
my favorite thing to listen to while tripping (besides live music of course) is 74' Grateful Dead. The 60s may have been a little more psychedelic but I think that was there best period. Floyd is always pretty psychedelic and one of my greatest trips ever was listening to Thick As A Brick on DMT ---- that was some far out stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#72812 2 years, 9 months ago
The best for me is listening to/watching a GD show start to finish, going through the whole process. But what's also great as "psychedelic" music is some classical, like Bach's Brandenburg concertos. Huxley writes about tripping to the 4th concerto in "Island", and I like the 5th, too. Mozart, anything non-opera, is also great.

I don't generally listen to Floyd. I was dosed the first time I heard Animals (it had just been released) and got so freaked by it that I didn't listen to any Pink Floyd for a few years after that!
Shakeit
Senior Boarder

#72816 2 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the Flooting Grooves recommendation im listening on youtube, trippy stuff. And they do a pretty good job at too. there are a lot of groups that try to make trippy/phsychedelic music but just end up sounding like crap.
Chester
More or less in line

#72817 2 years, 9 months ago
My introduction to psychedelic music was through Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and Pink Floyd.
But you can't get much more psychedelic than late 60's Grateful Dead.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#72834 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey sue how is island, ive read doors of perception and its was fantastic. No problem Shake i also agree alot of the dj,electric loopy music is really hit or miss mostly miss.
I was just listening to some Hendrix today its very impressive what the man did with his guitar. Anyone every listen to some Country Joe and Fish? They played woodstock but some phenominal music.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

#72836 2 years, 9 months ago
Hey mushroom man, i had some recent exp with the spice and woah! Do you prefer music with it? i do realize on breakthrough the music wont even be heard but low doses its smooth like a good franklins tower or mountains
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#72846 2 years, 9 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
Hey mushroom man, i had some recent exp with the spice and woah! Do you prefer music with it? i do realize on breakthrough the music wont even be heard but low doses its smooth like a good franklins tower or mountains

funny you say that, Franklin's Tower was probably my 2nd best trip on it but I've never gotten to the 'break through' or 'tunnel' stage but my buddy said you will with enough - I tripped extreemly hard though and thinking back now the music did actually get all demented and stuff...... actually the trip with Tull, the music was so far out that I didn't even know if it was music I was hearing - it was so crazy, I remember turning and saying to my friend "oh my god is that the music doing that" and I'm pretty sure he just said "i don't know" and could tell was in the same state as me.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#72850 2 years, 9 months ago
DangerousDan wrote:
Hey sue how is island, ive read doors of perception and its was fantastic. No problem Shake i also agree alot of the dj,electric loopy music is really hit or miss mostly miss.
I was just listening to some Hendrix today its very impressive what the man did with his guitar. Anyone every listen to some Country Joe and Fish? They played woodstock but some phenominal music.

I highly recommend Island, Dan, especially if you've read Doors of Perception. Island is a great story of a sane society, and will make one think.

And Country Joe is great an an entirely different way!
Tiki Mon
Junior Boarder

#72856 2 years, 9 months ago
King Crimson - In the Wake of Poseidon, In the Court of the Crimson King, Lizard

Donovan
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZenoMarx, DangerousDan
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds