• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Furthuron
Junior Boarder

April fools

#7277 3 years, 6 months ago
Our weather reporter on the news said 35 inches of snow today.
"Standing on the moon,
With nothing left to do.
A lovely view of heaven,
But I'd rather be with you - be with you!
racecar
Fresh Boarder

Re: April fools

#7304 3 years, 6 months ago
Speaking of April Fools.....

I remember a show way back when (back in the day, lol) at the Capital Theater in Passaic, NJ. It was a three night run, I believe it was March 30, Apr. 1, Apr 2.

My friends and I were "dozing at the knick" if you know what I mean. We were so screwed up, when the show started, they opened with Promised Land, a three cord song. I was sitting towards the back with my buddies and I saw Jerry playing drums......I think brent was on guitar with Mickey on guitar or bass (cant remember) and Bobby was on keyboards (I think).

I thought I was totally f'ed up and I said to my friend next to me, damn this stuff is good, I see Jerry on Drums............he replied "SO DO I !!". That is when we realized we were not hallucinating (ya can't have the same hallucination as your buddy) and in fact, the members of the Grateful Dead had switched instruments as an April fools joke. We couldn't stop laughing at ourselves.

It is an event , I will never forget and I don't think it was ever repeated.

Needless to say, after the song , they said April Fools and then they went back to their regular instruments and played Promised Land again.

Those three shows were magic to me. The tickets were like gold and silver, something like that. They were only available via mail order and boy did you feel lucky if you got tickets, as this place holds like 3447 people. Some of my best times seeing the Dead were in the Capital Theater.
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by racecar.
skyties
Junior Boarder

Re: April fools

#7389 3 years, 6 months ago
Got locked out at this one. April Fools on me.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds