• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: Did Bob and Phil hug?

#74302 2 years, 11 months ago
Bob and Jerry were such tight friends...he's probably still reellin' form Jerry checkin' out. Love the story about Bob and a friend cruisin' around Atherton or Palo Alto on NYE back in like 66 or so and them hearing Jerr practicing at Dana Morgan's music store at like midnight. The door was open..they went in and jammed with Jerr. The rest my friends, is history..........
Bob, Jerry, I'm not at all afraid or anything to say that I Love you both and say...THANK YOU BROTHERS for everything!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Bilbo.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#74442 2 years, 11 months ago
I think the hug question is a big nothing, but just my opinion. The last clip below is from August 2011, Phil has his arm around his old friend ~ 2:30 sec into the clip.

If there is something noticeable to people, maybe it's simply that Bobby is getting older? With his past lifestyle age may hit harder than someone with a less adventurous life. Or perhaps family issues? Seems like Bobby is trying to find himself, playing with the Marin Symphony and his solo stuff.

Family is just a guess, but he did get married ~ 12 years ago and he has two daughters. Somehow I suspect they had something to do with rescheduling his solo stuff. It's a tough life on the road especially with a family and relatively young children. I did see a recent clip of Bobby playing with his daughter Monet.

I've also heard from friends (gals who notice this stuff) that he's obviously been working out / defining muscles, etc. Maybe that makes him tired. And I don't think you can compare the bobby from 1972 - when he was 25 years old to the Bobby of today (64 years old). I'm sure he used to be more lit up while on stage and age does catch up with you.

I think he's done some of this best work lately. I especially love his solo stuff at Sundance. Plus he is totally excited about TRI, you can hear that in any interview he gives about the place.

So don't worry, be happy.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
Jasper
Senior Boarder

#74466 2 years, 11 months ago
it makes sense to my humble self that they will take a break, nothing lasts forever eh?
Its a balance though, Both Bobbie and Phil have folks working with/for them now on the road that have been with them since the early 90's/GD times. As with those days even now there is a sense of obligation/commitment even though its "only" a group of 20 or so that they travel with.

Though its their life don't ya think they might like to take a break and spend a little family time? I have often wondered how Phil takes care of himself on the road being a liver transplant recipient. I saw Jill on the road with him and it would not surprise me if she encourages him to back it off a bit. I think they love the gigs and time on the road but their lives have a lot more in them now than just that, I bet they take a break and pick back up……….but I know nothing and should talk less!!!!

j
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#74548 2 years, 11 months ago
Now everytime i go to hug someone I have to think about this thread and worry what it means and who sees me hugging them? Im sure they have hugged many times...i think it means they are friends....MAYBE cause over the last FOURTY YEARS of playing together they formed some kind of a bond of some sort....WHAT A STUPID THREAD
The following user(s) said Thank You: funky420
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74613 2 years, 11 months ago
SunshineSue wrote:
Island Head wrote:
When the shorts were asked for comment they said "I've seen it all"

shorts.jpg

rollingonthefloorlaughing.gif

i was scared of the shorts when Bobby wore them, and i'm still scared. eeeeeek!
iraqistatefair
Platinum Boarder
The wheels are muddy, got a ton of hay

#74713 2 years, 11 months ago
illuminaughty wrote:
i heard from a friend of a friends reliable source that the NYE shows will be the last furthur shows, cause phil is gonna tour less, and do more phil and friends show and bob is goin bring back ratdog and all the boys are goin start doin only west coast shows, and there will be half naked fire dancers on stage all the time.

Everything sounds great...for you the ratdog as you been screamin for a long time now. But yeah....why west coast shows only and whats with the fire dancers only on the west coast...thats gay. Fire is a worldwide thiing. east coast doesnt get dancers, midwest? south jipped as well? west coast fire dancers practice by the pacific...they are pretty good. i just like watching them regardless...but im not going to travel acrooss the country to see a fire dancer. can u share?....u got your ratdoG back!!! dont b a Hog. ur so naughty, your naughty lol

www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub..._MLoA0beDJiUtzx2zHhA

www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtub...4Gnv-T940CzXDwQX32gw
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

#83780 2 years, 10 months ago
Thinkin' now how I never should have started this {stupid} thread, but then again, some good points have been made.... I was reading in Phil's {Searching for the Sound} book about how they met. A lotta history those two! If they don't, STFW? "Love will see you through......" Phil, youdaman! You wrote a symphony in your early twenties that would require three conductors at once! Whoa! And Bobby, you showed up at the big party house in Palo Alto or the "ghetto" with the lid that you, Jerry and Phil delved into out in the car. You had to leave to get to class the next day?
One man gathers what another man spills.....
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Bilbo.
ecojaded
Platinum Boarder
"Why don't you arrest me"

#83883 2 years, 10 months ago
They love each other
She tries to live by the golden rule.
Said you treat other people right,
Other people probably treat you cool.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!