• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
Bilbo
Senior Boarder
They Love eachother...

Re: Did Bob and Phil hug?

#72902 2 years, 6 months ago
Thank you SunshineSue! Here comes Sunshine... Indeed, let's get back to the Shire!
Peals of fragile thunder...keeping time...
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#72915 2 years, 6 months ago
I have video of the encore and final bow of the tour. Can't say for sure, there is a lot of hugging, but it does not look like Phil and Bob hugged.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#72917 2 years, 6 months ago
guitargeorge wrote:
I have video of the encore and final bow of the tour. Can't say for sure, there is a lot of hugging, but it does not look like Phil and Bob hugged.

Oh good, now we have definitive, video proof that the end is near!

Nice to see you back safely, George! Looking forward to your novel about the trip!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#72947 2 years, 6 months ago
Yeah Sue, the film is going to be a blockbuster! Better than Pulp Fiction!

To be clear, the video I have is not conclusive, it is not definite proof. However, I do have concerns for the future of Furthur, mainly because of Bob. Not sure what is going on with him, but he does not seem well. Very noticeable on this tour. Anyway I'm still a huge fan. Seen Bobby so many times since 1972 that he seems more like someone I know rather than a celebrity. I don't know him but I have met him a couple times. I wish there was some legitimate information as to his status. Maybe no news is good news...but I felt a certain sadness...like it might be near the end.
Chester
More or less in line

#72948 2 years, 6 months ago
Not to worry. Positive vibes will see us through. (((((((Bob & Phil)))))))
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#72984 2 years, 6 months ago
guitargeorge wrote:

To be clear, the video I have is not conclusive, it is not definite proof. However, I do have concerns for the future of Furthur, mainly because of Bob. Not sure what is going on with him, but he does not seem well. Very noticeable on this tour. Anyway I'm still a huge fan. Seen Bobby so many times since 1972 that he seems more like someone I know rather than a celebrity. I don't know him but I have met him a couple times. I wish there was some legitimate information as to his status. Maybe no news is good news...but I felt a certain sadness...like it might be near the end.

George, I only saw the Red Rocks shows on this tour, but I didn't see what you see in Bobby. He seemed happy and was quite impressive on the guitar and vocals. Again, I only saw the those three shows. Could you be more specific about your concerns? Are there any postings on You Tube that illustrate this? Thanks.
Without love day to day insanity's king
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#73088 2 years, 6 months ago
guitargeorge wrote:

THis is exactly how I felt when seein the band in the mid 80's. There was concern for Jerry as well as for Bob now. I remember thinking Garcia was sleeping on stage some shows!!!!! Totally gone. Then he goes into a coma. Then after seeing 3 shows in 95, I knew the end was near, not by death but a definite break. So this is how I am discerning something with Bob now. The band needs a break for him to refuel. I am afraid this hectic November run will turn out tiring for him with no travel/rest days.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by newyawker.
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#73105 2 years, 6 months ago
I still think we're seeing different Bobs. What did you guys see in Bob that leads to worry like this? What am I missing here?
Without love day to day insanity's king
newyawker
Platinum Boarder
When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro

#73173 2 years, 6 months ago
lets not forget, Bob is Dyslexic also. Perhaps reading the lyrics is troubling to him.
'Nothin left to do but smile smile smile'
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#73221 2 years, 6 months ago
yfurthur-at-red-rocks_7315995_87_2011-10-17.jpg

It must be very hard to play and read lyrics at the same time. I remember the words on Jerry's telepromter used to move along like on a karaoke machine, is Bob using the same kinda thing?
Time to create page: 1.07 seconds