more cowbell? or just cowbell

MORE cowbell
Please tell Governor Christie of NJ to open the records
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousDan
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

Re: deleted

#72885 2 years, 11 months ago
I play an Sg guitar, not well but i play with it for sure. Also I play a little keyboards and a sweet lil hand drum, would love to pick up the bass and the mando but will see what the years bring:whistle:
I really really REALLY wanna get a PRS Guitar, like REALLY bad, but touring kinda kills my funds, anyone ever played one or have one with feedback about it I would love to hear it. just sat in Guitar Center for about an hour today blasting away on a sick B.C. Rich and a PRS SE that wasn't as sweet as I actually expected.
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
guitargeorge
Junior Boarder
Look at it right!

#72912 2 years, 11 months ago
Guitar since 1972. Was just doing some recording today. Mostly originals, but I can't sing worth beans.
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#72943 2 years, 11 months ago
Grate seeing you and the crew at Monterey George!
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
The following user(s) said Thank You: guitargeorge
Dire Wolf
Platinum Boarder
when the police knocked y'all...

#72961 2 years, 11 months ago
iamthedoor wrote:
I play an Sg guitar, not well but i play with it for sure. Also I play a little keyboards and a sweet lil hand drum, would love to pick up the bass and the mando but will see what the years bring:whistle:
I really really REALLY wanna get a PRS Guitar, like REALLY bad, but touring kinda kills my funds, anyone ever played one or have one with feedback about it I would love to hear it. just sat in Guitar Center for about an hour today blasting away on a sick B.C. Rich and a PRS SE that wasn't as sweet as I actually expected.

honestly build your own guitar (not from scratch officially you need a wood shop for that!!) but buy a body type you like a boutique neck or a nice vintage one and then you can design it from the inside out. The soldering and electrical diagrams for most electronics setups in guitars is relatively simple unless you want something crazy. This way you know everything that goes into you instrument and can customize all parts. You could probably spend about a $1000 (give or take a bit) for a guitar that is probably worth two or three times that or more if you assemble it yourself. The information on how to is out there and freely available and with a little practice and patience before you assemble its not only a blast but will blow away anything you can buy wholesale from a guitar center or music shop. I wanted a vintage strat from the early 70's but could never afford one so I did this for myself but I also constructed parts of the instrument myself...doesn't mean you have too though!! Good Luck!
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

Re: Who out there plays an instrument?

#74376 2 years, 11 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
I've been playing guitar and singing for over 35 years. I made a living as a musician for about two years at the beginning of this decade, but now it's just a part time job. I play in a couple of different bands and gig once or twice a month. We cover Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, Widespread Panic, Pink Floyd, Neil Young, stuff like that plus some originals. You Tube and Facebook is blocked at work where I am right now, but if anyone is interested you can go to a Facebook page called Keep Coming Back and there is a bunch of video posted on that wall you can check out. I'm the rhythm guitarist with the beard.

Facebook and YouTube are unblocked at work today, so I thought I'd post this. It's a bunch of little clips of tunes we played last Saturday night. The sound quality isn't great, but you get the idea. You will recognize much of this music. I'm the guy in the middle dressed in green.

youtu.be/1gwQHlaT-Ao
Without love day to day insanity's king
The following user(s) said Thank You: doin_that_rag
doin_that_rag
Gold Boarder

#74386 2 years, 11 months ago
i know enough about guitar to fiddle around with it, been playing for like 4 years, kinda at a plateau stage but i mainly mess around with blues stuff surprisingly way better at just jamming on 12 bar blues solos and stuff than anything...also can fiddle around with the bass and mandolin a tad. its a good way to get rid of stress and the best part i've found is it completely changed the way i hear music and breaking down the individual parts while its being played it went from sounding like just a bunch of people playing instruments to being able to hear which person is doing what and how without having to see it
People joining hand in hand while the music plays the band
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

#74417 2 years, 11 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
Facebook and YouTube are unblocked at work today, so I thought I'd post this. It's a bunch of little clips of tunes we played last Saturday night. The sound quality isn't great, but you get the idea. You will recognize much of this music. I'm the guy in the middle dressed in green.

youtu.be/1gwQHlaT-Ao

Ed, you guys are great! Definitely a band worth seeing!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat
RandyHoe
Fresh Boarder

#74540 2 years, 11 months ago
I was a late comer to the Dead scene, but one of the many things that really impressed me at my first few shows in late 2007 and early 2008 was the full harmonies that could be heard coming from the CROWD. I grew up in a very conservative christian church, and had been singing in choirs since I was old enough to hold a tune. Never outside a chapel had I heard such tight harmonies from a group of non-professional. It was satisfying to realize that I had discovered music that was appreciated by the musicians and non musicians alike.

I play bass in a couple of bands. I started off on guitar, but prefer the freedom allotted to bassists, especially in the jam genre. I have had my grandfather's peanut mandolin lying around my apartment for years, but it is in desperate need for new strings and a set up, but I'd love to finally learn how to play that little beast.
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#74618 2 years, 11 months ago
my mom made me take piano lessons when i was 6 and she let me quite when i was 8 (boy do i wish i wold have stuck with it). at 11 i started paying drums, but at 15 i switched to guitar and have been pickin' ever since. a couple of years ago i started to play a little mandolin and more recently i started to dabble with the banjo.
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds